How do you fill yours?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We use a watering can, which fits nicely in the front locker when empty.

From a safety point of view I think the petrol can in the photos should have had the 'petrol' label removed and a black marker used to write the purpose of the can on the side. (Saves getting water in the car fuel tank!).

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My husband has taken to using a watering can. Used to use a funnel and bucket but then decided a can was by far the better option.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Simple, I unscrew the shower head, take the shower hose out of the window and fill it like that. On my old Senator Indiana I could lean out of the window and it was a 1 person job. With my new Unicorn, I've had to buy another shower hose and connect it to the 'vans hose so that it reaches. I have to get my BH to turn the shower tap on and off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh my ! what a teaser. A number of answers spring to mind:
1. I don't the OH does it
2. from a 5 litre ex mineral water container
3. Don't ask, but think recycling.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a choice of watering can or the pump that came with the van that fits in a 12v socket in the toilet compartment and fills via aquaroll, usually the watering can as i forget to get the pump connected

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I keep a spare 4pint milk carton in the corner of the awning. It's easy to tell when the flush water is getting low so I fill up the milk carton, pour it into the flush tank and also pop in a Sainsburys Baby bottle sterilizing tablet to keep the flush tank algae free.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
PaulT said:
Simple, I unscrew the shower head, take the shower hose out of the window and fill it like that. On my old Senator Indiana I could lean out of the window and it was a 1 person job. With my new Unicorn, I've had to buy another shower hose and a connect it to the 'vans hose so that it reaches. I have to get my BH to turn the shower tap on and off.

Thats what we do now with our Indiana

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Unbelievable!!

A Practical Caravan test editor using a petrol can for the flush tank, taken from his blog;
My only worry now is that I inadvertently mix it up with the couple of identical cans I keep in the garage, both of which contain five litres of unleaded petrol...

Please make sure you don't pitch up next to me.

Reminds me of the post a couple of months ago when the trolley jack was put there for " photographic purposes" only!!

These articles should not even have been published, have you forgotten there are newbies to the caravan world and they may take your "advice" seriously, In my opinion you are not setting a very good example. Two major flaws!! In two months!!
Are your articles not proof read by some one with proper experience ????

Oh and by the way I use a white water container with a screw in spout to pour with.

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
We (should I say I? ) use a watering can, but thanks to the unique design of the Dometic toilet, I (we?) have to have an extension on the spout to be able to get the water in without spilling more than 1/2 of it down the side of the caravan. It also means that the pink has to be added to the watering can, as it's impossible to pour it directly in.
You may have picked up that I'm less than impressed......
Jim

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I use a cheapo small watering can to fill ours.
The petrol container idea would work, but the toilet routine could turn out to be even more explosive than usual if you used the wrong can :evil:

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi Halford do a small 1 water can it is used to top up oil it has a detachable spout I fill it from the second hose which I attach to the water slither that I conect to the mains supply

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
DeliDave_ said:
PaulT said:
Simple, I unscrew the shower head, take the shower hose out of the window and fill it like that. On my old Senator Indiana I could lean out of the window and it was a 1 person job. With my new Unicorn, I've had to buy another shower hose and a connect it to the 'vans hose so that it reaches. I have to get my BH to turn the shower tap on and off.

Thats what we do now with our Indiana

At last, someone else with the right idea! I can't see the point in struggling with watering cans, petrol cans!!! etc when the solution is already on the 'van.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
PaulT said:
At last, someone else with the right idea! I can't see the point in struggling with watering cans, petrol cans!!! etc when the solution is already on the 'van.

But you still have to get the water to the van in the first place to enable you to use the shower hose. You just struggle with the aquaroll more often. :whistle:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......I just pour the water in from an old 5 ltr water container that you get when yo buy spring water in Spain.
But there again I have a caravan that was designed properly with a swing out filler spout so the job has never been a problem in the 20 years I have had the caravan.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
PaulT said:

But you still have to get the water to the van in the first place to enable you to use the shower hose. You just struggle with the aquaroll more often. :whistle:

Surely wheeling an Aquaroll is easier than carrying a watering can etc and spilling half of it trying to get it in the tank?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
PaulT said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
PaulT said:

Surely wheeling an Aquaroll is easier than carrying a watering can etc and spilling half of it trying to get it in the tank?

One hand pulling the aquaroll and the other carrying the half full watering can, single journey. Simples. ;)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Am glad we don't have to go through all of this to flush our throne ..... by some sort of magic we just press a blue button on the wall and water is dispensed into the bowl .... it is of course delivered by the aquaroll to the van ;)

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
A six pint milk Carton (semi-skimmed)
It has travelled in the front locker since the day we brought the van home from the dealers.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I use a 5 ltr water container with screw cap filling is easy just tip container up in right position and hey presto full flush tank.The watering can idea is good, but ive always carried a 5ltr water container so why do I want to carry another item. Each to his own .Kevin as you are a toilet woosie why dont you carry your beer around in the flush tank.Press the button and fill your glass . :whistle:
Sir Roger .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I used to use a liter jug. Not very efficient. Might sound a bit callous but my father in law died last year and I found a watering can in his shed. Use that now as it fits nicely in the front locker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts