hunting with doggies

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B - In repsonse to this posting and cross reference to my previous reply I must offer you my sincerest apology as in this instance I totally and wholeheartedly agree with you. More power to your thoughts and elbow.
Holy Poo Colin, I hope they all dont start agreeing with me lmaaoooooo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
'fraid so your windyship - its a similar double edged comment to that in the House of Commons when a member insulted another by saying that he didn't have the brains of an idiot.

The speaker asked him to retract the comment and so enabled the first member to confirm to the whole house that the second member DID have the brains of an idiot.

Almost as good as that classic cricket commentary -

"The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think Giovanni is "talking nonsense", I think he is putting across his point of view.

Please refer to point the forum rule that staes "You may not transmit any material that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or sexually explicit." and refrain to insults, double edged or not.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I was under the impresion based on what the country side alliance said before the ban, that all the horses and all the hounds would have to be put down and that all the farriers, kennel hands and huntsmen would be out of work. Did I hear wrong?
You heard correct Paul, surprising what they will do to try to win a sympathy vote off dog lovers - their lies are proved beyond reasonable doubt though.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
clive v. loved your reply. and a lot of it made sense,although

the 80/20 thing was properbly more to do here in the uk, then

china.and as we were talking about the whole human race,chia is

almost 35% to start off with.

as for the french eating snails and frogs? not sure where that

fits in,although again they are not the only ones to do so,

but are famed only because they live a stones throw from us.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Actually my thoughts immedaiately after were if I was 10 seconds earlier, I hate to think what I and my car would have looked like.

I read all your comments and all points are valid.

I except that horses have a right on the roads, I myself owned one and went out with my children. A viligant eye was kept at all times on the highway.

But if these people had a serious problem with this hunt (if it was) and it posed problems on the higway and to peoples lives, that acted inappropriately in the situation.

Rather than rushing all over the place with their mobiles they would have done better to get off their mounts and stop traffic, until the safety all was satisfied

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lh

18 Nov 2005 02:06 PM Well - I might as well upset everyone else on the forum with this reply.

I didn't read the hunting with doggies subject as I feel very strongly about it and didn't want to engage in strong arguments.

I'm pro hunting, went to London on all the big marches with my local hunt which were organised by the countryside alliance. (Witnessed extreme violence from the police aimed at protestors on the last one). I can't believe that hunting with dogs has been banned. It's a very sad state of affairs indeed. I visit most of the agricultural shows in this area and sometimes further afield. Sadly, my hunter wellingtons gave up the ghost last year and I've now resorted to B&Q's own brand - how sad is that?

I've done a bit of shooting (clays) but don't have the time now. Anyway - I was a rotten shot but my dauther was quite good.

Lisa.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hmmmm Clive - "The synergy of man and dog is one reason why we have evolved" - what is a fox- so it's not a dog? Have you seen a tame fox? if so what is the difference apart from it's scent gland to any other dog? As for disease ridden you are just quoting the pro hunting lobby - not all foxes are disease ridden, just as all humans aren't. Regarding Badgers and Bovine Tuberculosis, there are just as many vets who can furnish proof that it's the badgers who are the victims, catching it off cattle, hence Bovine Tuberculosis and not Meles Tuberculosis. A lot of the early badger corpses on the road were the result of badger baiters hitting them over the head with spades once they saw their terrier was coming off worse, also if the badger managed to get away they would shoot it in the hind legs so the dog had a better chance. I've seen dogs with their lower jaw torn off from fighting a badger, not a pretty sight. The badger still lost its life though with a fractured skull from the spade. I'm not a hunt protester but I do find it amazing how Mother Earth managed all those eons without mans intervention. The worse part was man evolving to become top of the food chain, nothing wrong in that until they crossed over from killing for food to killing for pleasure. BTW Clive, most hunts people ARE townies as the pro hunters like to call protesters as if they are a sub human species with no intelligence. For the record the Animal Liberation Front are a species of sub humans because they dont even think out their actions like releasing Mink into the wild or digging up a persons grave and stealing the bones.
talking of Mink we moved from Farnborough in hampshire to Swansea in Wales about 4 years ago, and we moved our Koi which we had for 12 years with us ,i woke up one morning and saw a fish of about 6Lb laying on the lawn with the head missing and 3 other fish missing ,so i covered the pond with 2 layers of netting , a week later i noticed a small hole in the net this time 6 fish were missing there were scales every where under the caravan ,over

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts