Hymer caravans set to return to the UK?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Maybe they know something about the Euro/Pound exchange rate that we don't!
Lowdhams, fairly near us, used to sell Hymers, but they tended to be the 'replicas' of British models rather than all those availabe on the continent. Let's hope we get more than just the British-ised versions this time.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
I think the Carado range could be more interesting - never officially come into the UK, but they are an entry-level van and could do well. Hymers are always beautifully finished but always heavy and as you have all said already, usually in oddball layouts. Fingers crossed...

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
I think the Carado range could be more interesting - never officially come into the UK, but they are an entry-level van and could do well. Hymers are always beautifully finished but always heavy and as you have all said already, usually in oddball layouts. Fingers crossed...
My 2001 Nova 530, layout is similar to the one below, with a twin bed layout, wardrobe over one wheel arch & toilet come shower over the other, the beds are 6'7" long X 2'10" wide on each side
smiley-laughing.gif
If we drop the table down to make a bed it becomes 6'9" long x 4'8"wide
smiley-laughing.gif
It has a three burner hob, oven with grill & rotisserie, fridge freezer, on-board water tank, it is winterised
smiley-laughing.gif
& was pre wired for 13pin plug as standard - 10 years ago
smiley-laughing.gif
Oddball ?We love the layout
smiley-laughing.gif

EN-GL-530.png

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Oddball is not neccesarily bad...
smiley-smile.gif

In truth, most of the big layout innovations from UK manufacturershave been lifted from continental caravan manufactuers. Fixed bed, nearside fixed bed, twin-singles, triple bunks...

Whatever comes in, more choice for buyers is a good thing and I am hoping we see them here next year

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
Whatever comes in, more choice for buyers is a good thing and I am hoping we see them here next year
I certainly vote for that - but it gets every harder to find 4+berths WITHOUT fixed beds, if it's not a fixed double it's two fixed singles not designed as settees.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I am with Val on this subject. Lowdam ruined the Hymers they were selling by turning them into very expensive versions of UK vans and it was not suprising that they couldnt sell them. We had 6 good years in our 2002 German styled van (actually living in it for 2 years in total) but looked elsewhere when we wanted to change.I hope the new dealer does better as the vans are first class and dont need any fiddling with.
David

MJC

May 24, 2006
Visit site
Fantasic news. I am Hymer through and through. I have had "continental" "wrong way round " Hymers for a good few years and the only thing wrong with them is the fact that when you trade one in, it is so perfect (and yes we do hammer it - abroad/kids and dogs) that it is heartbreaking. And that in a nutshell is why I could not buy another UK van. My friends had a Hymer, then a Swift. Never again were their words. Yes they do cost a lot and they are heavy, but quality/warmth/well built. They are second to none. Another thing that spoilt it was the UK market wanting a UK van. It had to have a door on the right side and all that gibberish. That is what spoilt them. How many times have I heard - do they have a cooker/fridge/shower etc. Or "how do you go on with the electrics". They are UK standard - time was the cc doubted they could be insured! And you can chose the colour of your interior - don't get that in an Odyssey! Can't wait!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
We once went to a site & the warden said Hmm! the doors on the other side.
smiley-surprised.gif
........ Yup !
But if you want me to put my awning on that side, like the rest no problem,
So i just put it in nose first with the mover
smiley-laughing.gif

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Hymer FEELING for a couple of years.(It's a pop-top). It has 2 single beds that can be converted into a huge double,or into a large seating area. Up front, it has a 2 seater dinette convertible into a single bed. In other words, it makes the most of its floor space. It's beautifully built and heavily insulated. It tows a dream. This was a replacement for an Eriba touring which was so pretty. However, whilst the body was well built, the interior was a constant source of problems resulting from poor construction. I wonder if Hymer will include the FEELING in its UK range if it does return?

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i t hink adria have bridged the gap continetal build and inovastion uk spec this could be good /or the motor bike industry all over again i love my adria and wont change more vans than the stuffy old things that we get over here MY THOUGHTS ONLY

TRENDING THREADS