hyundai santa fe 2.0 crdt

May 16, 2006
Visit site
after looking at many different cars to replace our fourtrak,we have bought a 2002 santa fe.we got it for a great price through a friend in the trade,we did a fair bit of research on them and they seem to be well liked.does anyone have one and what do you think.we have a 2006 sprite major six and this seems to be a very good match according to what tow car.any thoughts much appreciated.

May 16, 2006
Visit site
hi,no we have not towed with it yet as its in our friends garage having a new cam belt fitted as its needs changing.we are going away at the end of the month with it,but we are going to take the caravan out before just for a shake down run,will let you know how it goes.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
hi,no we have not towed with it yet as its in our friends garage having a new cam belt fitted as its needs changing.we are going away at the end of the month with it,but we are going to take the caravan out before just for a shake down run,will let you know how it goes.
thats great thanks we are going to look at a few the weekend

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi,we have got a 04 santa fe 2.0l crtd and pulled our elldis shamal to Kent and dorset last summer and it was amazing! the fuel economy was excellent and I really didnt know I was towing.

we are going to take it to cornwall this year!

when its not towing it is very comfortable and probably one of the best cars weve had!

I have a CRDT which is 2 years old now. It is fantastic for towing and we took our outfit - Compass 534 1450kgs - to Monaco last year and will be going to Switzerland and Italy this June. The car is trouble free, a little thirsty but very comfortable. Good choice!

May 16, 2006
Visit site
hi phil,glad to know they seem to be trouble free,hubby is an AA man and has never been to one broken down,what mpg do you get when towing and during normal running about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Luisa,

I had a 2004 2.0 CRTD GSi that I swapped last year for a late model "old style" 2.0 CRTD CDX. Both have been excellent towcars and I haven't had any bother with either. I only swapped the 04 because the deal on the outgoing model was too cheap for words!

We used the first one to tow a 2004 Sterling Sapphire (1500kg) and the 06 tows a 2006 Challenger 540 (1500kg); I get 35-36 mpg solo and 22-23mpg towing.

It may not be the world's most stylish towcar, but where else can you get a 4x4 with this spec, for this price, a 5-year warranty (transferrable)and a decent local reasonably priced service agent (First service 10000 mile

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've been towing with a 2.0 diesel Santy for 2 years now, not had any problems so far. Our van is just shy of 1300Kg & the car pulls well up hill & down dale and M/way inclines without having to change down a gear. It's spacious, stable, fuel economy is OK & it's comfortable for long trips, and I'm just really pleased with it.

The only downside is it's got the turning circle of a jumbo jet so reversing the van into (very) tight spaces, e.g. storage bays, can be a problem - sometimes it's easier to unhitch & push or use the mover. I'd buy again.

May 16, 2006
Visit site
We've been towing with a 2.0 diesel Santy for 2 years now, not had any problems so far. Our van is just shy of 1300Kg & the car pulls well up hill & down dale and M/way inclines without having to change down a gear. It's spacious, stable, fuel economy is OK & it's comfortable for long trips, and I'm just really pleased with it.

The only downside is it's got the turning circle of a jumbo jet so reversing the van into (very) tight spaces, e.g. storage bays, can be a problem - sometimes it's easier to unhitch & push or use the mover. I'd buy again.
hi all ,the fuel economy sounds very good solo,thats what we get out of our petrol picasso, we are replacing our fourtrak and picasso with the santa fe as we do not need two big cars,any more but i have to travel about with my job so the fuel economy is important.the steering lock on the picasso is rubbish so we are used to that.they have alot of kit, ours turned out to have leather trim,running boards and a fairly new towbar which was an added bonus.its still at the garage as hubby wanted the cam belt tensiners replaced, aswell as the cam belt so they ordered a complete kit from the dealer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Luisa why are you changing from the Fourtrack? I have a 1998 model 2.8TDI with approx. 100000 miles and it goes like a watch and great on fuel when towing - over 32mpg, solo even better. Only downside is that it is only two doors and getting in and out of back is inconveient on times and with us oldies more of a struggle.

May 16, 2006
Visit site
hi colin,we are changing the fourtrak because we no longer need two big cars as our son no longer needs to use the wheelchair he has needed for the past two years.we like the fourtrak but find it a bit impractical as a main family car. We're hoping to sell it this week.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Luisa sorry to hear of your son's need for a wheel chair. I can fully understand the point regarding the difficulty of rear seat passengers/family car with it being only two doors. On saying that they do make damn good tow cars.

May 16, 2006
Visit site
hi all,picked up the santa fe today,good job we had the cam belt changed as when it was stripped down they found the water pump was starting to leak so this was replaced as well as belt and both tensioners and the other belts.also managed to tax it yesterday for 12 months before todays budget,does anyone know what it will cost next year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi all,picked up the santa fe today,good job we had the cam belt changed as when it was stripped down they found the water pump was starting to leak so this was replaced as well as belt and both tensioners and the other belts.also managed to tax it yesterday for 12 months before todays budget,does anyone know what it will cost next year.

hi phil,glad to know they seem to be trouble free,hubby is an AA man and has never been to one broken down,what mpg do you get when towing and during normal running about.
Hi Luisa - about 33mpg solo. I do a high mileage and know the car can do more like 37ish if I try hard. Towing is about 28mpg.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

not perhaps strictly applicable but I got a new style CDX7 Santa Fe in January this year. So far I am extremely pleased with it. Previously I have had several Fronteras. The technology of the Santa Fe is a lot more modern. The fuel consumption is excellent both solo and towing. Five year warranty is a clincher. My only downsides are no RDS radio which seems penny pinching in the extreme so I don't get traffic reports & I would have preferred opening rear window for convenience.

DavidC

May 16, 2006
Visit site
hi,yes we are very impressed with our santa fe,we towed with it for the first time at easter,it does not have the power of our old fourtrak,but it was so quiet and smooth when towing that you almost forget the van is on the back.only thing it did not seem to like was reversing the caravan up a slight slope onto our pitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts