Hyundai Sante Fe

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
I am interested in purchasing a new Santa Fe diesel but I am concerned that it will not tow my 1300kg caravan as well as say the 136 ps X trail. I would welcome comments from Santa Fe ownners who use their vehicles for towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
George, have had my Santa Fe 2.0CRTD for 10 months from new. I tow a 1340kg van with ease. I get around 24 mpg towing to legal limits and I've never had the car back to the dealer for faults. In short I find it a superb towcar, possibly the best I've had (Musso TD/Xantia TD/BX TD).

Buy and enjoy.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Santa Fe diesel purchased last September and I tow a Lunar Solar Eclipse 615 twin axle with an MTPLM of 1360 kilos. Plenty of power and torque and excellent fuel economy for such a large car. Before this car I had a Subaru Forester Turbo which was great for towing but you could watch the fuel gauge go down!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi George,

I've had a 2.0 Santa Fe diesel since January and got the new van in April, so have only towed with the car once but I was impressed by how safe the whole outfit felt on the road. The van weighs 1288kg and the Sante towed it with ease - in fact it was as if the van wasn't on the back - although I did have to change down from 5th to 4th on a moderate 'A' road hill. I anticipate that M/Way inclines will also necesitate a 5th to 4th changedown too - but I think that would be the case for most cars when towing. So masses of torque, awsome stability, reasonable fuel economy, loads of room in the back, very comfortable seats for long journeys, and the added bonus of being able to tow off wet grass on CL's. Go buy!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi George,

I've had a 2.0 Santa Fe diesel since January and got the new van in April, so have only towed with the car once but I was impressed by how safe the whole outfit felt on the road. The van weighs 1288kg and the Sante towed it with ease - in fact it was as if the van wasn't on the back - although I did have to change down from 5th to 4th on a moderate 'A' road hill. I anticipate that M/Way inclines will also necesitate a 5th to 4th changedown too - but I think that would be the case for most cars when towing. So masses of torque, awsome stability, reasonable fuel economy, loads of room in the back, very comfortable seats for long journeys, and the added bonus of being able to tow off wet grass on CL's. Go buy!!
Just as an add on to my earlier post...I was at Clumber Park a couple of weeks ago and there were 5 other Santa Fe's there - 2 towing twin axle vans. Sorry I can't comment on the X-Trail, I did look at these but too expensive!

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
George, this may be a little late but others may read it. We have a Santa fe, 15k miles, 18months old and only use it for towing our Pageant monarch (1208kg) Absolutely brilliant in all respects. 38mpg solo 30 towing. We have the 2 diesel. We rally occasionally, and ususally CL, and caravan all year.

Chris and Kath

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts