I don't believe it !!!!!

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Earlier this year I bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel.

Always said I would never buy a 4x4, and always said I would never buy a diesel. However, after running it in for 1k, the first run averaged around 24 mpg with a Swift Accord 540 in tow, around 1450 gross. It now has 3.5k on the clock and we have just returned from Brighton, (we live in S.Wales) and we averaged 30.1 mpg. The return trip was approx. 180 miles, all Mway, 55-60 mph where possible. Best tug I have ever owned.

And no, I don't work for Hyundai!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 52 Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Auto (163bhp). I have just been to cornwall and did the journey in six stages, work to home(100 mls), home to near Bristol(125) for night stop then onto cornwall(145) and the same for the return journey. According to the cars computer the least average (per stage) was 26.6mpg and the best was 31.5! Sat at around 60 to 63mph (56 to 60 actual) for 90%+ of journey with a Senator Oklahoma (14-1450ish kg) in tow. I was well chuffed with that!

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Really interetsed to read your post Kelvin. We're seriously considering a Santa Fe later this year but will look at 7 seat used model. Fuel consumption seems quite good in your experience but do you know what the VED will be on your vehicle when the chancellor fleeces us motorists even more? Really worried that we'll take the plunge, be delighted with our choice then struggle to afford to tax it!

Cheers

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I think that you'll find that it is not in the highest VED bracket, but the auto may well be.

Don't get me started on this government's so called Green taxes!

My in laws live in Australia, and as they are approaching 80 we try and visit every 2 years, last time it cost me

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
hi is yours a auto or manual thanks in advance lee
Mine's a manual. The build quality is second to none, as is the interioir finish, the only thing I would criticise would be the large gap between 2nd and 3rd gear, but that is not really a problem, test drive one first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts