i need your opinion

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
help !!

i am thinking of buying a second hand bailey senator nevada built in 1998 - it is a twin axle and seems to be quite rare. has anybody got any opinions on this van - i can't seem to find any reviews of it online and would apprciate any guidance. it is a twin axle and quite heavy - mtplm is 1500kg - is this too heavy for my 406 estate which has the same kerb wieght - prehaps if i don't load the van right up ??

the space and size is very appealing and it's in great condition from a trusted source....

any bright ideas

thanks in advance

andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be really careful with this match Andrew. I don't know what the 406 can legally tow, for that you should refer to your hand book, but even if you are within limits, you are close to the edge between safe and not safe. It's not so much the weight difference of the two that worries, it's the fact that the Senator twins are large vans. In the windy climate we have now, these things act like enormous sails that can pull you off course unexpectedly, you wont have a safety margin if this happens. If you want the van, and as a Bailey fan I say "Who wouldn't," please consider a up sizing your car.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Andrew

We use to tow with our Peugeot 406 Dual fuel estate 2002, and we could tow a max of 1420. I would get this checked out with Towsure or someone else before you commit to buying this van.

Allyson

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts