I'd love a 4x4, but which one

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I take it then KANGA - that once, again your having this data proving that the vehicles you have decided should not be on the road is NOT in your possession?

Telling us all that you could prove what terrible people we are for driving 4x4's - how we kill poor little children as an acceptable consequence of our choice of vehicle - how we alone are destroying the planet when I could run my Range Rover for about 15 years on the fuel that a 747 uses to cross the pond to the US just once! - and what's more a plane injects its exhaust into the upper atmosphere. - stating the obvious that a vehicle with a foot of suspension travel is going to handle less well than a vehicle with only 6 inches of suspension travel.

The later does not make the former any more dangerous - its just different because it is designed to be more than just a road car.

Equating normal family men and women who dive a vehicle with an extra prop-shaft to terrorist is perhaps the most bizarre and extreme bit of nonsense I have ever seen. And believe me when you deal with the general public you do see some oddities from time to time!

How is this for an analogy - Concorde was excellent at what it did - shame it is not still with us - it handled like a fighter I hear - the pilots loved it. But the 747 is bigger, slower, handles less well - bit like a barge in comparison.

But they both had jobs to do and they do them VERY well.

As does a 5 series BMW and a Range Rover - they both do what they are designed to do very well. Just because you love your car type does not mean that the choice of others is not equally valid. It also means that you cannot expect others to follow your example.

After all this nonsense - can you not see that?

Especially as the truth about safety issues is now spread all over this Forum for those who want to see it via the Ncap website.

I appreciate it must be hard for you to deal with the fact that you have been caught out - the VW 4x4 data on Ncap being the exact OPPOSITE of what you so forcibly said was fact.

So please do not now, again resort to silly snide comments.

This debate surely must becoming to an end or at least a conclusion. I have lost count of the times I have posted a "lets agree to disagree" option which many others have agreed with.

Sadly you have just ignored this in the past then come back with another

The only reason why you could possibly justify continuing this sterile debate now that the facts are "on the table" is if your true aim is nothing more that absolute disruption of this Forum.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
To all you Mitsu-Warriors out there,Rovering the Land,Discovering and Cruising the Terrano,Shogun the last Merazzo one of you. Chereoke for now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Still a bg fat nothing from Kanga regards this Data he says he has and has been hitting us with?

That which he has quoted has been found to be false or unsubstantiated.

Inevitable conclusion?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Clive, see the Moderators comment under Our Website - if EVERYONE just ignores their comments it really will work M8 but it MUST BE 100%. Where this action will fall down is if someone new posts a topic and gets an idiotic reply but until then people must learn to ignore - and that includes myself. Lets all try it.

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

A car is only has safe has the diver.

But with a wallaby like you behind the wheel. God now how safe it would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
presumably, in this instance, a wallaby is someone who "one ups" you at your own childish game

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, see the Moderators comment under Our Website - if EVERYONE just ignores their comments it really will work M8 but it MUST BE 100%. Where this action will fall down is if someone new posts a topic and gets an idiotic reply but until then people must learn to ignore - and that includes myself. Lets all try it.
Ignorring them in the past has not worked because the three of them like to play games between themselves.

Certainly happy to ignore them now because a Line has been drawn under their antics that even they must find difficult to live with - hence the quiet times of the last few days.

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Ive just read this thread hoping to get some factual information so that I can form an opinion as whether to change my existing car to either a Cmax or smaller 4x4. But the only information that any newcomer can get from the thread is the drivel that the likes of Kanga and Clive spout at each other on not just this but in all threads (or it seems like it).
Derek

I have a Cmax 2 litre TDCi and my mate has a Hyundi Tucson 2 litre diesel. We are both happy with our lot, both cars tow our respective vans very well, Cmax is a bit better on MPG when towing 30+ tucson a bit less than 30. My advice is buy what YOU want, drive it sensibly, ignor the critics and get on with your own life.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Ann for a sensible input.

And well done for having a British car that is recognised as being one of the very best.

If you ever want a real laugh and a great time - go to the Land Rover show at Billing in July each year. Thousands upon thousands of people who appreciate the incredible ability of Land Rovers turn up - the majority in caravans!

This year was incredible. You can even take you Discovery on an off road course which will blow you mind as well as make you realise the sheer ability of the vehicle you drive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have you lot not got anything sensible to say, we tow with a Discovery excellent fuel economy smooth ride and very spacious
Oh no Michael - this will run and run - the reason? :-

If you have all the facts in front of you - it is clear that there are two sides to any augument and that both side have a valid point.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This for Michael

Oh no Michael - this will run and run - the reason? :-

If you have all the facts in front of you - it is clear that there are two sides to any augument and that both side have a valid point.

Sep 20, 2005
Visit site
Ive just read this thread hoping to get some factual information so that I can form an opinion as whether to change my existing car to either a Cmax or smaller 4x4. But the only information that any newcomer can get from the thread is the drivel that the likes of Kanga and Clive spout at each other on not just this but in all threads (or it seems like it).
Derek I have 2.0 tdci c-max tows really well but I am thinking of changing to a 4x4 so it will be for sale soon if you are interested.

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Clive, I'm quite partial to you too !!

And Daventura, if I AM Clive's type, then I am proud to be. He doesn't need to be abusive and ignorant to people to voice his opinion and is respectful of others as long as they are respectful to him. So am I. He, also like me, knows that in real life people are different, their wants and likes are different and he respects their choices and opinions, unlike other members of this forum who, I think, only come on here to abuse and deride others. Sad.

You can tell when people are losing an argument when they resort to profanity and childishness and although Clive may sometimes be provoked into a tit-for-tat scenario, and me too I'm afraid, who can blame him when his protagonists DEMAND that people abide by THEIR rules and absolutely refuse to accept that anyone else is entitled to the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts