Ideas wanted

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
We fancy a week away in a couple of weeks time & have no real idea where.

Anyone got any suggestion for somewhere (slighter) warmer than the UK within a days drive of Saint Malo ?

Really just looking for somewhere to relax but the site needs to have wireless internet.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In France very few sites are open at this time of year, especially on the coast. You may find a British owned site (such as the inland Le Chant d'Oiseau near Saumur - http://www.loire-gites.com/) which is open all year.

Le Chant d'Oiseau has good reviews from users of another forum, and the owner contributes his own postings so I imagine there is good internet access. It's also within a day's drive of Caen. However, I'm not sure that you'll find it a great deal warmer than in Britain unless you go right down to the south of France or even right down to southern Spain. When we were in the south of France in December 2009 we had the first snow in that particular area for fourteen years! In some areas of Spain they had the first snow they'd ever seen in the lifetime of anyone living in some of the villages and there was a whole hour of 'News Special' devoted to the snow.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I go up and down the west coast of France late December / late March each year en route to and from Spain. Have to agree I would forget about going anywhere within the area you suggest until mid March earliest. If you could get down to Bayonne area perhaps late Feb. but that's two days driving each way from St Malo.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I'd be sorry if you spent your hard-earned and then sat in the van for a week - rembering than many French sites are only 5 amps - After Easter, I would suggest Camping Haliotis at Pontorson immediately south of

Mont St Michel. Excellent site in nice town, some serviced pitches, well run, lots to see. But I would probably come to Caen and save the extra cost of the St Malo crossing - only a couple of hours and 4 lane virtually all the way.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks both,

I appreciate that there's not a lot open, that's why I asked the experts here but we feel the need to get away for a few days.

Althought we are meant to be retired, I have never worked so hard in my life & will keep finding things to do if we don't go away.

I live in France, near to Saint Malo, which is why I said a days drive from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts