Ignition Issue on Gas Oven

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with trying to ignite my oven with the ignition and gas control knob. The oven works when lit with a long lighter, but it will not light from the correct ignition control button. You can see it sparking and also smell the gas flow but it will not ignite.
The Grill works perfectly and therefore I'm wondering if the spark in out of line with the gas jet.
The caravan oven is a Thetford and any advice is appreciated before it's a trip back to the supplying dealer.
Regards,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If it has worked previously, it's quite likely some debris from cooking to have fallen onto the burner, which obstructs parts of it. If it's where the spark is supposed to arc to, it may well cause ignition problems. Check your ovens instructions about cleaning, but if that's not possible, with the gas turned off, If you can see to brush the top of the burner with nail or tooth brush, it may clear the debris.

Unless you are competent with working with gas co not attempt to dismantle the appliance.

Failing that it may be a trip to the dealer.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
ProfJohnL, Thank you for your reply, I will see if there is any debris tonight and gently brush with an old toothbrush.
Regards, Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts