IMPORTANT NOTICE

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,
Well I am into the new system, alas with regrets I am now Royston 1 why ?, still using my old password, moved from plain Royston and I have also lost my Roman Soldier .icon.I did ask on the old format on page 1 just before the old format went off their was 4 pages , on none of the pages did I get a answer to my question how do I recreate the Icon that I have always used when on this forum ie Roman Soldier.

Royston

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Royston,

I just created a account @ http://en.gravatar.com/ uploaded a new avatar & it sorted itself out :woohoo:

:evil: Whooo-oo it seems to be working :evil:

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Royston1 said:
Hi All,
Well I am into the new system, alas with regrets I am now Royston 1 why ?, still using my old password, moved from plain Royston

Hi Royston1.

Seems you were one of the unlucky few to get a bum-deal on the username side of things.

Lizzie mentioned this on the first post in this thread but no need to worry too much as we should be able to restore your old username sans the 1! I tried to do this for some of the very obviously active users during import but it was a fairly manual process and I only managed about 40 odd users.

I'll start a forum thread in a moment or two to collect responses from people who wish to change their username after the transition and you can post a comment there.

All the best!

Col

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone and welcome to the forum and the new Practical Caravan website! We hope you love it. There are more forum features to explore (I love the handy 'recent topics' tab at the top) and we're adding new sections as I type, giving you more to chat about and new ways to interact. Get stuck in and have fun!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Oh no :eek:hmy: we've lost our 2000+ Woosie posts :( :(

Found this

cguthrie said:
Sproket said:
looks like the one's posted last night / this morning are lost in cyber space :whistle:

Yeah, sadly a few posts were lost as it wasn't immediately obvious how we could prevent new posts to the old forum after the transition started! Sorry about that! If anyone finds anything critical missing, I can try and have a manual poke at it. Anyway, happy foruminging :silly:

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys – sorry if some things have fallen through the cracks. Keep your posts coming on here (good and bad – although I prefer the good ones! :p ) and we will do our best to remedy any issues.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Liz, it does not help. I could not log in using my user name or email address and the website allocated me a new user name with no reference to my previous 8 + years of postings.
I tried to send you an email, but could only see one line at a time of what I had written and thus could not check what I wanted to say.

While I appreciate things have to change and that I havebeen quite critical of the previous website, it seems you have decided in a quite arbitrary manner that long time subscribers have to have new IDs and to be identified as Recent Boarders which I and other find quite hurtful.

I think you should at least acknowledge our previous contributions over the years - it can't be that difficult

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
RayS1 said:
Sorry Liz, it does not help. I could not log in using my user name or email address and the website allocated me a new user name with no reference to my previous 8 + years of postings.
I tried to send you an email, but could only see one line at a time of what I had written and thus could not check what I wanted to say.

While I appreciate things have to change and that I havebeen quite critical of the previous website, it seems you have decided in a quite arbitrary manner that long time subscribers have to have new IDs and to be identified as Recent Boarders which I and other find quite hurtful.

I think you should at least acknowledge our previous contributions over the years - it can't be that difficult

Hi Ray, I logged in in the normal way, no hassle.
What I find amusing is that I have made more post than Sprocket :)
Got to suss out the avatar yet though

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Oh no :eek:hmy: we've lost our 2000+ Woosie posts :( :(

If you click on recent topics at the top it is in there but with only 1991 post the rest were lost during changeover apparently(wow built in spell checker as well)
But still cant see it in chit chat.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have a look here Kev

giphy.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
HELP! Went on Gravatar to sign up. Get to the sign up screen. Put in email address. Put in a user name-several goes at this before it would let me have one. I'm putting in a password and it kicks me out. I go back into the sign up screen and it tells me that the email address is already in use! Of course it is! It it is my bl*ody email address. :angry: ditto username :angry: :angry: Can't get any further as I never got the password in before it kicked me out the first time. Any suggestions.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Got a bit further than Mel and it stopped.
uploaded photo and get this
Please allow 5 to 10 minutes for avatar changes to take effect
and that was over half an hour ago :S

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Think my problem is when I first joined here I was on hotmail account so probably wont accept my latest one, back to the drawing board!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Got a bit further than Mel and it stopped.
uploaded photo and get this
Please allow 5 to 10 minutes for avatar changes to take effect
and that was over half an hour ago :S

Did you click the check this gravatar link, there will be a code you can copy into your settings ??

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Right. I have now got an email with a button to activate my account. I'm thinking that I should do this and then find the "forgotten password" link when I next try to log in? What do you think?
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts