Insurance pay out

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There has been praise on this forum for various insurance companies but with very little reference to SAGA. I must therefore give my praise to this company and the staff at SAGA following an accident and subsiquent write off of my caravan. As it was insured new for old they paid out the full replacement value of the van with no hesitation. Throughout the business each and every member of the staff I spoke to were very sympathetic, courtiess and helpfull. I can but only praise them and recommend them as a first class company to do business with.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark - although the original age restriction was a minimum of 60 it has now been dropped to 50 years of age. So count the days such as five bar gates on the bedroom wall (similar to prisoners counting their release date - not that I have been in prison mind). However do not go wishing your life away - the older you get the quicker time appears to pass.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin,I just hope and pray that the various other caravan insurance companies will look kindly on us in Hemel Hempstead where there are some 5/6oo caravans parked on a site next to the oil terminal.We have not been able to visit the site yet and it looks as if we are all in for a shock.The blast area from the terminal has flattened a lot of buildings.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim - should the vans be insured with either NFU or Saga I should imagine there would be no problem in paying out. However if you are insured with that other well known company (no name no pack drill) then God help you. However I hope for each and every one of the owners sake that there will be no damage, or at the most minimal and that the vans can be moved to another secure storage site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To be fair to *&* when we claimed thro them on a policy that covered our horse when it was alive, we did get our claim paid in full. However, this was, I believe due to the fact that being an IFA I knew to document everything and take photos etc. Heaven help anyone who does not.

I left them NO CHOICE but to pay up.

*&* make you jump thro as many hoops as they can to avoid payout. This is not surprising when you analyse there Financial Strength. Any company that threatens legal action if its name is mentioned here, should have its advertising leaflets consigned directly to the circular filing cabinet.

How different the feedback from other Forum members who have had their claim honoured, even without receipts of purchase in one case, and found their chosen insurance company supportive

and fair.

In my view a recommendation via a professional or a trusted friend is invaluable when it comes to insurance. Do NOT choose the cheapest - it will fail you when you need it the most. BUT - you do not have to pay thro' the nose to get value.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts