Interesting Truthful Letter

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I read the following letter in one of yesterdays papers ...very interesting yet very truthful.

Honouring Nelson Mandela at the unveiling of his statue in London, Gordon Brown described him as a "beacon of hope for anyone suffering injustice".

How wonderful it would be if we could somehow make the great man aware of the many injustices being inflicted on the people of England by his ingratiating host - our unelected Scottish overlord.

Although the evil of apartheid has been overthrown in South Africa it flourishes in Britain, where to be English is to be a second-class citizen.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
LB,before I depart I have to say that your comment regarding our PM is maybe just a tad controversial and may cause vigorous debate and even the intervetntion of the Mods,but I have to speaking personally................

How bl**dy true.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. You may have stirred a hornet's nest with this one. Personally I do not see any problems whether the PM of the United Kingdom is from England, Northen Ireland, Scotland or Wales. I am of the opinion that the country known as Great Britain should be "UNITED" and why there is this further tear of government known as devolution I just don't know. We should stay united and be represented in both Europe and the world as a united nation. Think of the old saying of "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL".

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
LB,before I depart I have to say that your comment regarding our PM is maybe just a tad controversial and may cause vigorous debate and even the intervetntion of the Mods,but I have to speaking personally................

How bl**dy true.
Not my comment Plotter ... it was a letter in a National paper yesterday :O) It was well put though especially as the person hadn't seen the Editorial Comment in todays same newspaper.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, as I posted, it was a letter in a national newspaper. The Editorial Comment in todays was also interesting but long so I'm to idle to type it all out ... hehheh!

That's unless I could be persuaded :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Probably he was reading the Morning Star or Daily Sport. They do not have the up market broad sheets in Hereford as they do not understand them and they are too big to hold and read whilst sitting on the loo. They use the tabloids for fish and chip wrappings and from this is where he had his information.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Changed my mind because it's too late and although the editorial is from a respected paper, not a tabloid comic, I will have to edit it because otherwise I'm sure it will get deleted.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Scan it in as a picture, open it with word pad, Then take out the bits you don't want and save it as a word document. Open paste and copy. Done done and done!

May 29, 2007
Visit site
I just tried this on my system and it worked for me, Are you running XP or windows 2000 or Vista?

What version of word did you use and do you have works, or did you use office?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I just tried this on my system and it worked for me, Are you running XP or windows 2000 or Vista?

What version of word did you use and do you have works, or did you use office?
Vista... scanned it into a pic as a .jpg file.

Opened Wordpad then opened where it was scanned to and it loaded but was in a Mandarin language :O)

I selected all then copy and pasted it into a chatbox on here and thats what came out.

I can't see how you can convert a jpg file to a word file to be honest.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

Sorry to butt in at this late stage ( been caravan hunting, more on that later)

L.B; I agree entirely with the sentiments expressed in the letter that you saw. The answer of course lies in the ballot box, but how do you engage with people who would rather 'vote' for a contestant on Big Brother or some similar twaddle than vote in a real election. For my own part, besides voting and having the occasional rant on 'tinternet, if I ever fill in any form or document where the question regarding nationality, or 'ethnicity' as the P C nazis now call it arises I always without fail cross out the words British/UK citizen and write in bold capitals the word English. A tiny pinprick protest, but a true statement none the less.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
George,

I have no idea what harm Gordon Brown has inflicted on anyone else but speaking personally .......... as a direct result of him being chancellor I am

TRENDING THREADS