intermittent gas problem

May 15, 2010
Visit site
One of those embarasing faults - cant' get gas through to the cooker from time to time Heater and fridge OK.. Take it in to workshop and - hey presto - it works perfectly!
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
A few months ago I had intermittent problem with cooker and was fixed by changing the pigtail, I don’t know if it affected anything else as cooker was only item in use, I’d light cooker and sometimes it would last few seconds and other times half hour.

BP

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have this problem with the oven rather the hob from time to time. Depends how the wind is blowing and when we open the outside door. Professionally checked annually , no problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
oldagetraveller1 said:
One of those embarasing faults - cant' get gas through to the cooker from time to time Heater and fridge OK.. Take it in to workshop and - hey presto - it works perfectly!
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Hello OAT.
And as both Dave and Hutch have pointed out it could well be the cooker lid, which has a gas shut off valve incorporated to prevent the hob being unless the lid is fully open. It's unlikely to be the pigtail as Behpee suggests, as in particular the heater still works, and if the pigtail were the problem it would have affected all large gas volume using appliances.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Our last caravan (a Bailey Rimini) the cooker glass cover did not have a cut off for the gas supply to the cooker,We managed to explode one glass cover by closing it when one of the gas rings was still lit.
In my mind a very dangerous situation could have been averted by spending a couple of pounds on a gas cutoff valve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts