Is it just me?

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I think this subject has been covered before but after the week I have had it got me thinking.

Customer service-or lack there-of.

On Monday I collected one of our cars from a body shop where it had had some accident damage attended to. To cut a long story short its going back next week to have,literally,the whole job done again.

This weekend I fitted a water pump, that had been overhauled, to my classic car-it leaked-so it has to come of again and be returned to the company that rebuilt it.

I stayed in one day because a kitchen company had made an appointment to come and measure up, after two hours I rang the guy 'oh something cropped up and I forgot Ill have to come some other time' needless to say he isn't

Also this week we were paid out after a lengthy court case concerning sub-standard workmanship over some double glazing we had fitted by a nationally recognised company.

I wonder if it is just me that has to high expectations.

For those of you who don't know I run a part time business doing firework displays, I only get one chance to do the job right, I cannot ask people to 'pop back next week' so I can have another go-I just don't get paid-full stop. In my previous job I was a motor sport mechanic for a factory team-again we didn't get second chances it had to right.

Just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on this.

Do you think my expectations are to high?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martyn you are 100% correct. It is also surprising the number of companies/people who ask for money up front before entertaining doing any work. I am indirectly involved in a case at the moment where a family paid out innocently prior to having work done and have not seen any body or their money since. I have since heard that a few different people in the Cardiff area have been caught by this guy. They have now got together and taken legal advice as to the next step.

TRENDING THREADS