Is this the most difficult forum to use EVER !!

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Steve, thanks for your input and suggestions. I use the touch pad on my laptop. I use another forum, which works in a similar way to this PC one, and I don't have problems with the sliding bar jumping about when I'm on that site! I've got the T.V. on whilst operating the laptop, but I can't see that my problem is due to electrical interference from that, as I often do have the telly on whilst operating the laptop (we girls are good at multi-tasking) It's not caused any problems before. I have an additional problem this evening in that ABP isn't working either, just to add to the irritations!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Cynthia and I am really sorry you're experiencing problems – thanks for persevering, though.

Have you tried using a variety of browers? Have you done all the software updates so you're using the most up to date version of your browers? Or have you tried clearing your caches (click here to learn how to do this).

Hope that helps.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, both to Steve and Lizzie. I am using Google Chrome as my browser. On my old laptop I used to have Internet Explorer, and don't remember having as many problems as I've been having with this new laptop, and with Chrome. Thanks for the Cache-cleaning info Lizzie. It looks a bit complicated to me. I think what I'll do is go into my favourite little computer repair shop in Melksham, and get the ever-helpful guys in there to sort things out for me. If I start messing around, I'll probably make matters worse.

I wonder whether, in the meantime, I would be better using a mouse rather than the touch pad? My problem at the moment is that I'm supposed to keep my legs elevated when sitting, following my knee op, so I sit feet-up on the settee with my laptop on a tray, which is not a very conducive environment for using a mouse! Today, at least ABP is working again, although the sliding bar is still jumping about

I shall get this problem sorted one way or another, as I enjoy reading the forum posts, as well as participating in the chat! Thanks again folks, for your help and support.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cynthia
I kind of guessed that you used Google Chrome (this is why I asked which web browser you use) because Chrome has known issues re: scroll jumping.
The best that I can come up with is This fix from PC World, but to be honest if I was you I'd either allow the guys at the computer repair shop to sort it out or switch to a different web browser, Mozilla Firefox always seems to work well for me but go with whatever you like best if it's set up correctly.
As a forum mod I couldn't possibly comment on AB+ although I've heard that it can operate spasmodically at times ;) I've no doubt that it will settle down when the guys in the shop get their grubby mitts on your laptop sometime soon if you can get there on wonky legs after your surgery.
If you've been advised to elevate your legs it's always best to follow the doctors orders, (loads of jokes spring to mind here but I really mustn't!), the fix that I linked to earlier applies to mouse scrolling or a touch pad so enjoy every opportunity to 'kick your legs in the air' and get better soon!

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Steve, thanks for that, even if you did keep your jokes to yourself; don't be such a spoilsport! Share them with us, and give us all a giggle!

I shall take my laptop into town with me when I go into town on the bus next week, to see if the lads can fix it for me. To answer Lizzie's question yesterday, yes, I do allow all the updates. I've been searching Skoda's website this morning, which involve quite a lot of screen-swapping, but I didn't have any trouble at all with the Morris dancing slidey bar, so am confused about why it misbehaves so badly on the PC site. Oh well....

If you're off to Stowford for the weekend for the PC rally, give everyone a big hug from me and Wotamess (with a virtual hug, Echo won't shed all her hairs/bits of garden debris all over everyone!) Have a great time everyone!

TRENDING THREADS