Is this the most difficult forum to use EVER !!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry that you appear to be having difficulties in getting your comments to load to the message board but the forum is not difficult to use if you read the sticky posts ( posts which are permanently on display) which have been added to help new members learn how to get the best out of this forum.
Near to the top of this message board you may have noticed a sticky with the title in large text :
FAO Internet Explorer users- Important!!!

If you had read this sticky you may have realised that many versions of Internet Explorer are not compatible with this website, not because of a fault with the website but because Internet Explorer doesn't update automatically.
There are simple easy to follow instructions on how to remedy this Internet Explorer problem.
To save you having to look for the sticky post (which will be just above another sticky which provides advice for new members on how to contact a moderator if they experience difficulty in using the forum
smiley-laughing.gif
) you can find it by Clicking Here
If you are still having problems after clicking the IE compatibility box please contact me via email from the link provided in my signature below and I'll do my best to help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The site has got even more frustrating!!!!!!! ................................................................. Lizzi Pope can't you make the power that be aware of the horrendous nature of this site, get them to actually try and use the site. ................................................................
The work round I had of adding character spaces to create pseudo paragraphs seems to have stopped working. ..................................................................This is especially frustrating when trying to respond to complex issues, where each thought needs to be allocated to a separated paragraph. ................................................................. There has to be a solution!

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to put the cat amongst the pigeons and suggest that the reason nothing gets done about the formatting on this
EXTREMELY IRRITATING SITE

is that PC doesn't actually make any money out of us forumites. They obviously get paid for the equally irritating adverts but are probably content to let us posters struggle on as we are (she says, wanting to add angry emoticon) 'cos we can't eat into Haymarket's profits, can we???

There - that'll be me banned!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:

dont think so CyberCynth why would one be banned for telling the truth!!!!!! trouble is forums are now seen as old hat and ancient as most media is now done on smart phones and tablets which are difficult to handle on a forum platform theres not much interest in them from the media moguls either as most people use their phones instead of sitting down infront of the monitor as us old uns do.
ps, I will bet facebook and twitter are bang upto date though with daily updates,ect.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
CyberCynth said:

most people use their phones instead of sitting down infront of the monitor as us old uns do.
ps, I will bet facebook and twitter are bang upto date though with daily updates,ect.

****** it ..................I'm off to join face book, by the way I'm ONLY 52 Ha Ha
On second thoughts thats proberbly what they want us all to do. We are all doomed!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
CyberCynth said:

dont think so CyberCynth why would one be banned for telling the truth!!!!!! trouble is forums are now seen as old hat and ancient as most media is now done on smart phones and tablets which are difficult to handle on a forum platform theres not much interest in them from the media moguls either as most people use their phones instead of sitting down infront of the monitor as us old uns do.
I don't bother much with Twitter, it's a waste of time, but you're spot on about the Practical Caravan Facebook Colin, bang up to date as of 6 hours ago with two updates today.
As for caravan forums, there's plenty of interest in Caravan Talk, Swift Talk forum and UK Campsite which are regularly updated and maintained.
These other forums continue to run competitions, sell caravan accessories and obtain discounts for their members, have meets in some cases and they contact their members regularly because as a member of these other more modern caravan forums I get the emails.
We used to have as much traffic on here as the three of them put together.
Along with Damian, as one of the moderators who over the years put in hours and hours of unpaid work at all hours of the day and night to get rid of keyboard warriors, spammers and those who wanted to spoil this forum for everyone else and harm the reputation of Practical Caravan I won't say what I really think of the current situation with the forum or I'd be banned as well
smiley-undecided.gif

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
But Parksy, at least with your moddies tools you get to use emoticons that the rest of us can only dream of!

Like some of the other forum posters, I don't 'tweet' or use Facebook either, and I don't see the point of paying loadsa money for a Smartphone when I can communicate quite adequately with my laptop. I've got a little mobile that I paid £10 for, with which I can send texts & make calls, but it stays in the car most of the time in case I need to call for the cavalry.
So, I guess the moral of this tale is to accept the limitations of this site, or move on to another site. I quite like this one, actually, despite the plethora of adverts featuring incontinence products. Really, how old do they think we all are?!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
But Parksy, at least with your moddies tools you get to use emoticons that the rest of us can only dream of!

Like some of the other forum posters, I don't 'tweet' or use Facebook either, and I don't see the point of paying loadsa money for a Smartphone when I can communicate quite adequately with my laptop. I've got a little mobile that I paid £10 for, with which I can send texts & make calls, but it stays in the car most of the time in case I need to call for the cavalry.
So, I guess the moral of this tale is to accept the limitations of this site, or move on to another site. I quite like this one, actually, despite the plethora of adverts featuring incontinence products. Really, how old do they think we all are?!
It looks as though many of the 'features' such as emoticons that this website had have been disabled. It's sad to watch what was once a very popular and well respected source of caravan information and friendship being slowly left to wither.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
spot on Bill!! no ad's here either, note for Parksy I too share your frustration at this site as a old member (almost 10years now) I for one appreicate all the hard work you mods have put in over the years to make it (what was) the best caravan forum on the internet it is a real pity it's going down the plug hole rapidly. perhaps we should all migrate somewhere!!! and join those that have done so already as many of our old members regulary post elsewhere, and leave haymarket to it facebook, to be really honest I don't believe the new forum will ever arrive and this one will be left to decay and die the last time similar problems occured Nigel fixed it easily but no one at haymarkt towers seem bothered these days.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Morning all. We are very sorry for the issues with the forum. We at Practical Caravan do care and we've done all we can to keep this forum alive and well while the new one is being built – and it is on the way. Watch this space. Thank you for your patience.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
BernardinTring said:
Bit difficult to work out but THINK I'm getting there. Be nice IF I can see this test message!
Bernard in Tring
I can see it ok Bernard, I'm still learning how to find my way round on this fantastic upgraded website.
Compared to the previous model this new website is an embarrassment of riches with lots of new features and message boards. :cheer:

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't know how many attempts I've made at trying to log in to the Forum, but I appear to be in at last. Now I've managed to get in my laptop will probably die, as I'm writing this from my hospital bed (free wifi access here!) and somebody's pinched my mains lead! :eek:hmy: Not sure how long it'll be before my battery conks out!

Well, what a performance trying to get into the Forum, but it's looking good, and nice to see some new categories. Will be interested to see whether my signature appears after this posting. Right, I'm off for a little explore now. See you soon, folks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cynth
I hope that they are looking after you in hospital and that you get your mains lead back.
Thanks for being a patient 'patient', :sick: your signature is on and you will be able to upload a nice avatar picture when your battery is recharged, any problems just give us a shout via email.
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your little dog is behaving and not missing you too much.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Please, please, please, get rid of the damn talking ads!!! keep turning them off, but they turn back on, so I've had to turn the volume down on the speakers. They're even worse than 'downtown Beirut' (or the x-box), that is being used at the other end of the lounge at this moment - in fact, I'd RATHER listen to the sound of gunfire than Barry ******** Scott yelling about his annoying cleaning product, or someone else's bowel problems. :angry:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Please, please, please, get rid of the damn talking ads!!! keep turning them off, but they turn back on, so I've had to turn the volume down on the speakers. They're even worse than 'downtown Beirut' (or the x-box), that is being used at the other end of the lounge at this moment - in fact, I'd RATHER listen to the sound of gunfire than Barry ******** Scott yelling about his annoying cleaning product, or someone else's bowel problems. :angry:

Use Firefox as your browser and add on AddblockPlus....the result will be NO adverts :)

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
Hi Cynth
I hope that they are looking after you in hospital and that you get your mains lead back.
Thanks for being a patient 'patient', :sick: your signature is on and you will be able to upload a nice avatar picture when your battery is recharged, any problems just give us a shout via email.
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your little dog is behaving and not missing you too much.

Parksy, thank you very much for your concern! - both for me and for Echo! I've been discharged home today and the kennels manager has delivered Echo home for me, so we're both happy bunnies. My mains lead was found, so I'm back a-browsin', However, I shall have to sit back and read about all you Woosie Club members preparing for the meet at Stowford, knowing I shan't be able to make the drive to the rally. Boo hoo.

TRENDING THREADS