Is this the most difficult forum to use EVER !!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Parksy said:
Hi Cynth
I hope that they are looking after you in hospital and that you get your mains lead back.
Thanks for being a patient 'patient', :sick: your signature is on and you will be able to upload a nice avatar picture when your battery is recharged, any problems just give us a shout via email.
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your little dog is behaving and not missing you too much.

Parksy, thank you very much for your concern! - both for me and for Echo! I've been discharged home today and the kennels manager has delivered Echo home for me, so we're both happy bunnies. My mains lead was found, so I'm back a-browsin', However, I shall have to sit back and read about all you Woosie Club members preparing for the meet at Stowford, knowing I shan't be able to make the drive to the rally. Boo hoo.
Glad you are home safe and sound, dont worry about Stowford.. The Woosie's will propose a toast to you :kiss:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
CyberCynth said:
Parksy, thank you very much for your concern! - both for me and for Echo! I've been discharged home today and the kennels manager has delivered Echo home for me, so we're both happy bunnies. My mains lead was found, so I'm back a-browsin', However, I shall have to sit back and read about all you Woosie Club members preparing for the meet at Stowford, knowing I shan't be able to make the drive to the rally. Boo hoo.
Glad you are home safe and sound, dont worry about Stowford.. The Woosie's will propose a toast to you :kiss:
I'll drink to that :lol:
I'm pleased to learn that you're home and reunited with Echo.
In lieu of us not being able to meet the little pal at Stowford you could always post a picture of Echo in the new pets section. Maybe you can come to the Woosie fest in the Midlands in September if you're well enough?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Di3 said:
Hi All, am I missing something trying to update profile with my picture and I just can't seem to do it?? Help!!!

Di
Hello Di
Click Here to read Lizzie's instructions for setting your avatar picture
and if the Gravatar website doesn't update it for you please let me know and I'll flag the problem up for admin who will be able to help

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
Gagakev said:
CyberCynth said:
In lieu of us not being able to meet the little pal at Stowford you could always post a picture of Echo in the new pets section. Maybe you can come to the Woosie fest in the Midlands in September if you're well enough?

Thank you once again, folks! What a lovely bunch you are! I will make an effort to post a photo of Echo and maybe even learn how to upload an avatar. I'm sure I'll be well and truly mobile by September, so I will look forward to having a drink[strike] under[/strike] ooh, I mean, round the table!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Parksy said:
Gagakev said:
CyberCynth said:

Thank you once again, folks! What a lovely bunch you are! I will make an effort to post a photo of Echo and maybe even learn how to upload an avatar. I'm sure I'll be well and truly mobile by September, so I will look forward to having a drink[strike] under[/strike] ooh, I mean, round the table!

Drink with Parksy and you will be under the table :lol:

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Tee hee hee!

I'm always up for a challenge! So get 'em lined up at the Woosie meet in the Midlands in September, and I'll be under the table with the best of 'em. :lol: Especially after a long spell of alcoholic abstemiousness, forced on me by the plethora of medications I've been prescribed following my op. I feel like a mobile pharmacy. All the packs bear the depressing instructions 'Do not drink alcohol while taking these tablets'. Well, that stands to reason. I might spill some...... :(

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
Hi Cynth
I hope that they are looking after you in hospital and that you get your mains lead back.
Thanks for being a patient 'patient', :sick: your signature is on and you will be able to upload a nice avatar picture when your battery is recharged, any problems just give us a shout via email.
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your little dog is behaving and not missing you too much.

Parksy, I'm in trouble again. I have just put a post in the 'caravans' topic, as I wanted the Gobur name up there with the rest of the makers. So why hasn't my post title appeared in the list of makers?

Also, I'm wondering whether it's just my laptop that is slow, but every time I want to view a different page it takes ages before I can move the slidey bar (that vertical bar on the right hand side of the screen - I don't know its proper name!). Also, (yes, there's more!) If I click on 'contact me - click here' I just through to a Gmail advert. How does that work?! Hope you can help. Thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cynth
Your caravan topic has appeared but unfortunately it's shown at the bottom of the list rather than in alphabetical order.
This is something that I can't change but I'll add it to my snag list for Lizzie tomorrow.
The slide bar issue is likely to be a laptop glitch, does the same slowness occur on other websites or just PCv?
Apologies for the contact problem, to add to my woes I've just bought a new laptop which has probably done something unnecessary to my contact link.
I'll repair it from my trusty desktop 'puter.
I'll look forward to clinking glasses with you in September, I don't drink much these days so take no notice of Sir Gagakev :blush:

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Parksy said:
Hi Cynth

Parksy, I'm in trouble again. I have just put a post in the 'caravans' topic, as I wanted the Gobur name up there with the rest of the makers. So why hasn't my post title appeared in the list of makers?
Right, just experimented to see whether I could quote only that part of a previous quote that is relevant... This posting will probably read like complete gobbledegook!

Anyway, I'm here to have another moan - sorry!. After my comment about the posting I added to the 'Brand Banter', I note that although Gobur now appears in the list of manufacturers, my posting about them seems to have disappeared!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
CyberCynth said:
Parksy said:
Hi Cynth

Right, just experimented to see whether I could quote only that part of a previous quote that is relevant... This posting will probably read like complete gobbledegook!

Anyway, I'm here to have another moan - sorry!. After my comment about the posting I added to the 'Brand Banter', I note that although Gobur now appears in the list of manufacturers, my posting about them seems to have disappeared!

Unfortunately because there wasn't an existing topic heading for Gobur your post appears at the bottom of the message board, you have to scroll down to the bottom to see it.
The best thing to do would be to open a new post in your Gobur section and copy/ paste your previous comment which I will remove after you finish and are happy with the new post.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
Hi Cynth
Your caravan topic has appeared but unfortunately it's shown at the bottom of the list rather than in alphabetical order.
This is something that I can't change but I'll add it to my snag list for Lizzie tomorrow.
The slide bar issue is likely to be a laptop glitch, does the same slowness occur on other websites or just PCv?
Apologies for the contact problem, to add to my woes I've just bought a new laptop which has probably done something unnecessary to my contact link.
I'll repair it from my trusty desktop 'puter.
I'll look forward to clinking glasses with you in September, I don't drink much these days so take no notice of Sir Gagakev :blush:

Hi Parksy, thanks for your suggestions; the sliding bar is particularly slow when on this forum. I think it's to do with all the flippin' adverts. The bar won't move until all the adverts have finished uploading. I am thinking of trying Gafferbill's suggestion of changing my browser and see whether I can rid myself of the adverts completely.

I have successfully copied my diatribe about Gobur into the proper place! :woohoo: There was something else I needed to ask you about, but can't remember what it was now.... Past my bedtime. No yawny icon! (Some people are never satisfied, are they?!)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sleep tight Cynth, maybe you'll remember what you wanted to know tomorrow :)
That reminds me, have the Woosies added your email address to their contact list?
When we get together at a site there is usually a discount negotiated on the pitch price but you have to be in it to win it :lol:

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
Sleep tight Cynth, maybe you'll remember what you wanted to know tomorrow :)
That reminds me, have the Woosies added your email address to their contact list?
When we get together at a site there is usually a discount negotiated on the pitch price but you have to be in it to win it :lol:

Hi Parksy, I don't know if the Woosies have my email address. Who do I pass that onto, and how do I do that without compromising my privacy?

Re the sliding bar problem: I downloaded Adblock onto my Google Chrome browser, which works fine, it has got rid of all the incontinence products etc. However, it hasn't actually speeded up the sliding bar! Every time I change pages on the forum a counter appears next to the ADB icon, and the sliding bar still won't work until ADB has finished blocking all the adverts! I don't think there's anything else I can do about it, is there?

At least now I seem to be permanently logged in, unless I chose to log myself out when leaving the site, so that's one annoyance less. Things are really getting sorted now, well done!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
At least now I seem to be permanently logged in, unless I chose to log myself out when leaving the site, so that's one annoyance less. Things are really getting sorted now, well done!
Hi CyberCynth. Thanks for your patience – we are working really hard to resolve any issues. I understand that once logged in, you're logged in for 30 days before having to sign in again unless, of course, you manually log yourself out. Hope you're still enjoying the forum.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Back in again as the logging out issue has been resolved. Forum is a definite improvement over the last one, but along with just about every other member of the forum would like to be able to browse and post pictures straight from my PC.
BTW why have we two options for replying to a thread? Seems silly having one on the previous post and another at the end of the thread. Both would fulfil the same purpose?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I like my topics. ;) Instead of trying to hunt and remember where you have posted or can't find an old post this is a good thing.

Only for those who can't remember of course I myself being a speed freak use it just to get there a little quicker you know!! :lol:

TRENDING THREADS