Is this the most difficult forum to use EVER !!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
BTW why can't you automatically be subscribed to a thread instead of having to remember to subscribe? Being an old forgetful fart I forget to subscribe! :lol:

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
LizziePope said:
CyberCynth said:
At least now I seem to be permanently logged in, unless I chose to log myself out when leaving the site, so that's one annoyance less. Things are really getting sorted now, well done!
Hi CyberCynth. Thanks for your patience – we are working really hard to resolve any issues. I understand that once logged in, you're logged in for 30 days before having to sign in again unless, of course, you manually log yourself out. Hope you're still enjoying the forum.

Hi Lizzie, thanks for your comments, and I do appreciate the work all of you at PC are doing to hone the new site. It's great, and I look forward very much to continued contributing! Lots of really useful topics and discussions underway and I still have much to learn, about posting photos etc, but I think I shall have fun learning!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
BTW why can't you automatically be subscribed to a thread instead of having to remember to subscribe? Being an old forgetful fart I forget to subscribe! :lol:

Having got a shed load of emails when it was automatically subscribing and had to go back and unsubscribe; I am glad that it is how it now is!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
On the better forums, you receive a single update until you visit the site again and only then will you receive the next notification. The alternative is of course not to subscribe to every thread. :lol:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
On the better forums, :
This is a better forum now, but there's a limit to what can be done.
Forum members specifically requested email notifications and this was done for them.
The email notifications proved to be slightly intrusive so the notifications were very quickly changed so that a user had to opt in to receive them.
Now you are complaining that you are having to 'remember' to subscribe :dry:
You're winding us up, right?
I get the impression that even if we came round to your house personally to hand deliver notifications on deckle edged card placed on silver trays you still wouldn't be satisfied. :angry:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer, I'm never in a bad mood,especially over an internet forum, but constant criticism of those who can't answer back when they are trying their very best will invariably invoke a robust response from those who can and will give the aforementioned response :)
If it will make you feel any better I did tone down and edit my original reply ;)

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
Surfer, I'm never in a bad mood,especially over an internet forum, but constant criticism of those who can't answer back when they are trying their very best will invariably invoke a robust response from those who can and will give the aforementioned response :)
If it will make you feel any better I did tone down and edit my original reply ;)

We had notifications and then they stopped. I then made a light hearted post about it with smilys and certainly did nothing to provoke such an unwarranted attacked from a moderator. As moderator I was under the impression that it was your job to censor posts that made personal attacks on other posters and also brought Haymarket into disrepute.
If you look at my earlier post I stated that I thought the forum was better, but mentioned the "log in" and "posting pictures from PC" issues. However I was not the only one to raise these points and I hardly think those points are criticising the new look form.
I was very disappointed in your personal attack on myself. I can accept arguments and being told I am wrong even if I think I am right, but that is life however I do try and avoid personal attacks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to get into a protracted argument about this Surfer but I will reply this once before I start to delete any further provocation.
The fact is that you have had something unkind to say about pretty much everything that's been done from day one.
Telling me what you think my job as a moderator is cut's little ice with me I'm afraid. and I don't respond well to churlish behavior on an internet forum.
When sneering remarks after multiple criticisms from you about 'on better forums' appear after Haymarket techies have done their very best to bring us an up to the minute forum that we can be proud of we are disappointed, so much so that you should expect an adverse response to such uncalled for comments.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I don't know why you think I have been unkind and IMHO you are imaging it and have decided to pick on me. After all it was not me that started this thread! Don't bother replying as I have unsubscribed anyway!

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Just starting to get used to the new web page and need an explantion of what "junior","gold" etc. boarders mean.
Found it difficult to sign on - only just noticed the tiny "sign on " prompt at the top RHS of the page.
Can't say I find any of the changes an improvement on the old web page - only more info which I find I don't need to know.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
crazyguider said:
Please, please, please, get rid of the damn talking ads!!! keep turning them off, but they turn back on, so I've had to turn the volume down on the speakers. They're even worse than 'downtown Beirut' (or the x-box), that is being used at the other end of the lounge at this moment - in fact, I'd RATHER listen to the sound of gunfire than Barry ******** Scott yelling about his annoying cleaning product, or someone else's bowel problems. :angry:

Use Firefox as your browser and add on AddblockPlus....the result will be NO adverts :)

This Adblock service is rubbish. I downloaded it about a week ago and already it's broken; all ads reappearing. I went onto Adblock's site to try to report the fault, and nothing works there either. I'm wondering whether the advertising agencies have all got together to block Adblock!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello Cynth
I have been using Google Chrome with ad block for ages & don't have a problem with any of the adverts .....

You can try it for nothing & if that doesn't work you have more than likely got some malware that is causing the problem ....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Been getting the pop up ad's for a few days now, never happened before so have just installed ad blocker, will wait and see if it works.

Another question for you-- is any one seeing the blue links in nearly every post, hover over it and you get an ad,and just to add it's not just this forum.
Any help would be appreciated,

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Sproket said:
Hello Cynth
I have been using Google Chrome with ad block for ages & don't have a problem with any of the adverts .....

You can try it for nothing & if that doesn't work you have more than likely got some malware that is causing the problem ....

Thanks Sproket, it seems to be working again this evening; maybe Adblock had a glitch with their site? I have ESET NOD 32 as my security provider, and the system works very well as a rule, I don't get bombarded with ads on other sites, so I don't understand why I needed to download Adblock to get rid of the ads on this forum? Anyway, sorted again now, so I'm a happy pixie.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Been getting the pop up ad's for a few days now, never happened before so have just installed ad blocker, will wait and see if it works.

Another question for you-- is any one seeing the blue links in nearly every post, hover over it and you get an ad,and just to add it's not just this forum.
Any help would be appreciated,

Kev as you know I use / run Malwarebytes ( I pay for the privilege ) & I do a full scan every night when it's time for bed, lo & behold this morning it had found two items & i then asked it to safely remove them.

If you are getting popups & seeing things it will remove them for you, but they will come back ....

We also run the mobile version of Malwarebytes on our Android phones ...

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Following a couple of days recently when I couldn't access this forum, I seem to be having problems getting anything to work; everything seems 'sticky', it takes ages for anything to happen, and then it goes into overdrive!

On the whole I am loving this new site, but it's been very frustrating to use just lately! Anyone else having problems? I can't think it's a problem with my laptop, as I'm not having problems on other websites.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The website seems normal from here Cynthia, do you have an anti virus programme that is updating or anything else running that might be slowing things down?

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Parksy said:
The website seems normal from here Cynthia, do you have an anti virus programme that is updating or anything else running that might be slowing things down?

Well, as I said in my previous posting, I hadn't had any problems online elsewhere, so I can't think my antivirus/security programme would be causing problems. Having said that, things seem to be less troublesome this evening, except the adblock is still slowing things up.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Any additional software that you use in conjunction with the forum will slow things down, speed of access also has a lot to do with the speed of your internet connection which can vary during school holidays due to heavy internet traffic.
I get exasperated myself when the computer is on a 'go slow' but if you think back to a few short years ago when people had to write and post letters to each other :) ...................

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, I remember it well! Scratching away with ye olde quille and parchment.... Then you had to drop said missive into a strange red box by the roadside, which offered a daily collection service. Daily?

What strange habits we humans used to keep.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
'Oh No - it's 'er again - what now?'

Well, I don't suppose anyone else has this problem; I seem to be the only one lately still complaining of gremlins in the works. I'm not sure I have actually got gremlins, or whether my laptop has developed St. Vitus' Dance. The slidey bar on the right of the screen keeps jumping about all over the place. So every time I look up from the keyboard, the screen isn't in a place I'm expecting it to be. Driving me nuts (if I wasn't already a bit of a head case anyway) Oh well, these things are sent to try us. And don't they just. Never mind, that nice young man in the white coat will come and wheel me back to the rest home in a minute - time for my cocoa. Night everyone!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cynthia
The problem lies with your computer rather than this website, do you use a separate mouse or the touch pad?
If you use a mouse try clicking the scroll wheel by pressing it twice.
The problem could also be caused by electrical interference, is your laptop near to an electrical appliance?
Try checking these first and if there is no improvement let us know.

TRENDING THREADS