Is this the norm??

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought I've been having for the last few days as it seems quieter than normal on here, Ive been here for quite some time and yes you see people come and people go, but more recently the usual people whom you actually feel you have got to know seem to be posting less and less
Is there a so called "changeover " period where people do leave and then we start all over again?
Maybe it's me,or maybe they have all gone away together.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I think it is a bit cyclical. Thing is, that if the number of posts drops then there is less to reply to and if you don't reply perhaps you don't bother to log in and post news stuff and then folks wander off, then there are less posts to reply to and so on. But you only need a few new posts for it to gee back up again. Sooz and Lisa and Val don't seem to post as often as they used to and I've not seen TC on here in ages.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mel, think I can actually see where you are coming from and I'm proberbly guilty of your said words. Since going away last weekend I have basically been watching the forum this last week and not actually posted/replied to much.
And yes we do miss the wise words of the said ladies who seem to have gone AWOL. Did'nt TC have an op?? I do hope she is OK.
Oh well Mel its all down to you now, keep up the good work.
smiley-smile.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have just spotted sooz in another thread, glad she is back.
Thing is kev, there is only so much to say about caravanning, so the likes of us have to keep padding the discussion out.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
I have just spotted sooz in another thread, glad she is back.
Thing is kev, there is only so much to say about caravanning, so the likes of us have to keep padding the discussion out.
mel

No comment
wet.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kev
Watson John G, Soozeegee, Mike A, Gumbo, Jo-Anne all used to be regular posters.
I'm sure they watch but maybe boredom sets in or people just move on. A Forum is an ever changing animal and I for one enjoy it even when we go over the same old ground again and again. How does a Newbie know we discussed a certain problem last year?

I do find our "search" facility next to useless but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. It's all about money. Anyway you keep posting mate.
smiley-cool.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Well I for one ain't been here.

Gumbo? Who is Gumbo?

Oh yes, Dumbo. Yes. I also miss him. Just like I'd miss a carbuncle on my aspidestra ... heh! heh! heh!
smiley-laughing.gif

wet.gif

We've so missed you LB

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Hi Kev
Watson John G, Soozeegee, Mike A, Gumbo, Jo-Anne all used to be regular posters.
I'm sure they watch but maybe boredom sets in or people just move on. A Forum is an ever changing animal and I for one enjoy it even when we go over the same old ground again and again. How does a Newbie know we discussed a certain problem last year?

I do find our "search" facility next to useless but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. It's all about money. Anyway you keep posting mate.
smiley-cool.gif

Woof Woof I'm a newbie and I want to meet Dustydog

IMG_2105.jpg

Hi Dustydog, my name is Buddy, I am nearly six months old, this photo of me was taken on Woolacombe beach a couple of weeks ago. I like to play in the sand and dip my toes in the water, you look lovely, hope we can meet up somtime and share a drink together. Woof Woof
smiley-cool.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Woof Woof I'm a newbie and I want to meet Dustydog

IMG_2105.jpg

Hi Dustydog, my name is Buddy, I am nearly six months old, this photo of me was taken on Woolacombe beach a couple of weeks ago. I like to play in the sand and dip my toes in the water, you look lovely, hope we can meet up somtime and share a drink together. Woof Woof
smiley-cool.gif

The forum rules have been amended to include dogs who use this forum and they are:

1) No licking or slobbering over the computer keyboard or monitor screen

2) Canine members must not bark at each other or show their teeth

3) The sniffing of each others bottoms is prohibited on the forum

4) Dogs who growl at the moderators will have their licence endorsed

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
The forum rules have been amended to include dogs who use this forum and they are:

1) No licking or slobbering over the computer keyboard or monitor screen

2) Canine members must not bark at each other or show their teeth

3) The sniffing of each others bottoms is prohibited on the forum

4) Dogs who growl at the moderators will have their licence endorsed

5) No virtual dumping on Haymarket premises which includes it's websites

Totally agree. Especially the last one. Ewwwwwwww.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
PR said:
Rarely log in here and post comments as some comments are very negative, especially to relative new comers.

Hi Paul, nice to see you reply and as said in my original post Ive been on here sometime (the date on avatar does not reflect my join date as it appeared like that on the changeover). Cant say I have seen many negative comments most if not all have been very helpful to others,and surprisingly there are more people responding to the newer ones joining. yes people do have there different opinion's, but I'm afraid that happens in all walks off life.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
PR said:
Rarely log in here and post comments as some comments are very negative, especially to relative new comers.

Hi Paul, sorry you feel like that. There was a time when this forum was a bit narky but thanks to good mods who weeded out those intent on causing upset, and general mellowing with age, its much more positive. Why not try a few more posts; fairly confident you would find fellow Ranger and disco owners on here.
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
carper said:
I look in most days but do not always see anything to reply to.

Les

Just join in anyway. I know next to nothing technical. I have only had 2 vans so little to say on Buyers Guide. Never been to a CL or taken the van to France so little hope on the two touring threads. I don't rally. I don't know any jokes so not much on Chit Chat; but can still find something to type ( "contribute" may be over egging it). Just dive in.
mel

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
PR said:

Forums are there to use or not to use as ones sees fit once one becomes a member of it.
Either one can participate in the discussions or use the forum like a book just reading the posts to gain information either way it is up to the individual to decide how they want to use the forum and post or not post when a thread comes up they are intrested in.
Quite a few so called "new comers" are not new at all but established posters in "diguise" some of us old hands usually spot this at some point and may be the reason it appears some of the comments are negative.
Quite a few new members join just to ask one or maybe two questions that they are seeking answers to then never post again while others use the forum as a sort of social club or debating chamber, and quite a few have met up on sites and become firm friends through the use of the forum.
The forums members are its greatest resource and with many hundreds of years caravanning between them with technical experties and experience, members who do not ask questions or participate in the forum are the ones who miss out on this resource.
I do wish there had been such a thing as a forum when I started out most of the information gained at the time was from family or friends most of it wrong as I seem to remember, any problems were sorted ad hoc and mistakes learned and recified as ones experience grew.
I am sure many learned in the same way and it is this experience that is on tap for the newbie to have access to all they have to do is "ASK" however if some of the answers are conficting "as peoples experiences are different" or not what the questioner expected, don't be too supprised as this is still valuable information in it's self.
However one wants to use the forum is up to the individual conserned but dont take a bit of banter between some posters as hostility of any kind it is just that a bit of banter.
colin

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm still here just !
Some how or other my account has got a glitch. I can only send disabled rich-text comments.
It ain't anything to do with my pc as I can use all other forums with ease.

I would sure like to squash the little bug in the system.

I also think what we are seeing is a dispondancy amongst the regulars. Once they've had a weekend away they'll soon be back in full bloom.

But I think this year we will see a lot of people travelling less with the fuel prices as they are.

But then if people won't stand and be counted what can you expect.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Have you actually noticed how much busier the site is since I posted this?
Think I will wait for another quiet spell and do it all over again
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Have you actually noticed how much busier the site is since I posted this?
Think I will wait for another quiet spell and do it all over again
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

A truly heroic save.
smiley-wink.gif

mel

TRENDING THREADS