Isabella or Bradcot advice please

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Hello all, I know there is a big price difference, but anyone with any advice or experience on if I should buy a Bradcot Classic or Isabella Capri Lux / Ambassador. thanks Kim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had 3 Bradcot Classics ( fibre poles ) previously and they were very, very good but 2 years ago we were in a really severe storm on the Atlantic Coast of France and although our awning was one of the few to remain intact it was very badly shaken with some of the roof poles detatching and causing some minor damage to the van. The morning after I looked around and the only awnings that appeared untouched were Isabellas.

When I got back I looked at the differences and there were a number of sustantial, though not obvious ones.

We were lucky enough to be able to afford to change and bought an Opus 300. The overall quality of the fabric is far superior to Bradcot ( reinforced areas, fittings, zip guards, anchorage points, etc. ) They are, however very expensive and heavy. Whether they warrant the difference in cost is debatable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

theres nothing wrong with the bradcot or many of the other awnings produced by manufactures.

you get what you pay for____and isabella are in a class of their own___unfortunately its a class thats unaffordable by many,butthey are undoubtably the best.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kim

If it helps we have a Capri Lux and have been using it for 8 years-admittedly only for main summer hols-but it remains in outstanding condition. Trick is to buy last years model and get a big discount. This model is Isabellas lightest full awning, which, for us, is great, but I would choose the fibreglass poles. Spares are readily available, which is plus especially after 8 years. Even if you have an older model, or buy second hand, you can update the fittings where they have changed, as most are backwards compatible-they are expensive though.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Kim

We are on our second Bradcot, first was Sport, but had to change due to van change, have gone for the easy fit poles which make it far easy to put up. We have had no problems with it in any of the recent storms and for the price more than happy with it.

The only thing I would say is if you can afford it go for the easyfit poles as only about 75.00 extra when you purchase awning, not like us changed over after using awning a few times due to hubby's back problem, and we have found that I can put the awning up as these poles are lighter and easier to manage.

Di

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
we have an isabella capri lux 2008 and love it. we also own a 2008 isabella magnum both our isabellas have annexs aswell. i have also owned a ventura marlin. i wouldnt have any other owning. i had a new bradcot with the new pole system and i really didnt like it it was faulty anyway and went back.

i would only ever buy isabella or ventura.

try highbridge, jacksons of arley or swindon caravans for the cheapes awnings.

jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts