Its official, there ours!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Never undesrtood the hysteria about Stonehenge, as far as I know it was privately owned for years, some of the stones were moved and concrete poured to stop them falling over,so hardly in original condition, as for cancelling the new road tunnel be easier to move Stonehenge north,

Carnac Stones much more accesible, but none of us can know why any of these stone features were built or why whatever the 'experts' say

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
They may of used that block to sacrifice wild haggis on, apparently they now on the endangered species list as they have become conspicuous by there absence 🙂

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thank you I’ve saved that to watch. Prof Alice Roberts……….. my Profs were never that attractive. Only had one female prof at Loughborough and she lectured on Design. But we disagreed when I told her I thought her car was ugly. An NSU Prinz.
First car with the rotary engine and exceedingly quick. I think Mazda also had the rotary engine?

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I went to Avebury on the Pathfinder a few yrs back......

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Spider was based on the Sport Prinz which in turn was based on the saloon Prinz
A pretty tenuous linkage with basically only the name Prinz providing a common link. Anyway whatever I upset my Design lecturer at Loughborough by telling her the design of her Prinz resembled a bathtub. Her response was along the lines of “ that’s ripe coming from someone with a minivan”.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
A pretty tenuous linkage with basically only the name Prinz providing a common link. Anyway whatever I upset my Design lecturer at Loughborough by telling her the design of her Prinz resembled a bathtub. Her response was along the lines of “ that’s ripe coming from someone with a minivan”.
Not tenuous in my view - all used the same platform and body systems - not really different to Astra saloon, Astra coupe and Astra convertible.

I quite liked the Prinz saloon - I drove a friends car while I was at College because he'd had too much to drink - luckily no incidents!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Why have you all derailed my thread with talk about old bangers of cars, thread is about stones not cars! Start your own thread!
I blame Tobes and his link to an Alice Roberts video on Stonehenge 😂😂😂😂
It led me astray 😱
Sincerely yours

FD

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tobes

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
If you're interested in rocks then visit the Orkney Islands. You can't help but trip over archeology.

Its been a while since I've been there but there was a nice campsite not far from the ferry terminal.

Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar and Ness of Brodgar are far more interesting than Stonehenge, in my opinion, and some predate Stonehenge.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you're interested in rocks then visit the Orkney Islands. You can't help but trip over archeology.

Its been a while since I've been there but there was a nice campsite not far from the ferry terminal.

Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar and Ness of Brodgar are far more interesting than Stonehenge, in my opinion, and some predate Stonehenge.
A guy who lived near us took his caravan to the Orkneys and so fell in love with the place that he and his wife moved there. Strange decision as he was an accomplished tree surgeon and keen long distance motorcyclist. My only visit was to Scapa Flow and it was rather special.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I now see that the Inner Hebrides have some small islands containing unique rocks that geologists believe can be used to determine how life evolved after the Snowball Earth 700million years ago.

Is there no end to Alba’s geological riches?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Can you imagine being the Project Manager.

Right lads, there's another one we need to complete the job but its a few miles away and Evri won't deliver it. So we're gonna have to drag it back here ourselves.

Once the jobs done then first rounds on me

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Can you imagine being the Project Manager.

Right lads, there's another one we need to complete the job but its a few miles away and Evri won't deliver it. So we're gonna have to drag it back here ourselves.

Once the jobs done then first rounds on me
Maybe that's why there are so many Whisky distilleries, they were the stop over points.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts