Jeep Cherokee 2.5 CRD Sport 2002

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I believe that we tested one at a Towcar event, and from recollection it was ok. Ok being not bad, but not brilliant either. I suppose that it will depend what you will be towing weight wise.

Having said that, one of my wife's work colleagues have an 04 plate one (I assume that it's the same model), and they swear by it.

Hopefully someone with experience will respond for you.

G

I cannot comment personally but from various reviews I have seen on Jeep products they seem to fall into a similar pattern. The products are very strong and will pull well, however they suffer from the usual US problem of being unable to go round corners and can wallow a bit. The steering is also a bit vague compared to European offerings.

Basically if you like it after a long drive and the price is right, then why not? However, check the expensive items such as exhausts and tyres before you sign on the dotted line.

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
hi Daniel

friend of mine has a 04 2.5 crd sport he tows a horsebox weighing 1400kg plus two horses a total of just over 2400kg every weekend. only thing he would change is he should have got an auto box as foot well is a little cramped. i myself have a 07 2.8crd auto limited towing a 630 lux conqueror and just returned from a 11 night stay in woolacombe and returned an average of 30 mpg over a 1000 mile trip of which 600 miles were towing.

hope this is of some help good luck

chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts