Jockey wheel

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I need to get a new wheel on my jockey wheel, I want to take the whole thing to caravan dealers to ensure I get right wheel, question is am I ok removing it and leaving van on the 4 steadies, if it is going to be ok would it be ok to leave it on steadies while at work then pick new one up on way home, don't fancy coming back to bent steadies.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Good idea, job done, I'll do exactly that or I'm gonna be wondering all day what I'm coming home to, the existing wheel is inflated tyre but got puncture so I'm just gonna go for a solid type.
Thanks.

BP

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
There was a thread on another forum quite recently debating whether or not you should raise the jockey wheel while on site! I'm sure you won't have a problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beehpee said:
I need to get a new wheel on my jockey wheel, I want to take the whole thing to caravan dealers to ensure I get right wheel, question is am I ok removing it and leaving van on the 4 steadies, if it is going to be ok would it be ok to leave it on steadies while at work then pick new one up on way home, don't fancy coming back to bent steadies.

BP
Unless you have an incredibly heavy nose, there will be no problem steadying the caravan and then removing the jockey wheel.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, my thoughts were I'd be ok just leaving it on the steadies but I'm going to play safe and put hitch on steps, I'm not often cautious but going away Thursday for a few days so don't need any drama before we go, our first outing of the year due to wife's health and really looking forward to it.

BP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beehpee said:
Thanks everyone, my thoughts were I'd be ok just leaving it on the steadies but I'm going to play safe and put hitch on steps, I'm not often cautious but going away Thursday for a few days so don't need any drama before we go, our first outing of the year due to wife's health and really looking forward to it.

BP

Absolutely no harm in you proposed solution, :) but in my view unnecessary belt and braces. :huh:

TRENDING THREADS