Kabe caravans

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wandering around Leicestershire this afternoon looking at a CL I came across a German family who had a 2004 Swedish caravan called Kabe. It was in brilliant condition and looked every bit the caravan equivalent of about Volvo or Saab. It had what they called a kerbweight of 1080 kg with max weight of 1500 kg. Now that’s what I call a practical payload range. Later I did a search for this make and found they had recently bought a 21% share in Coachman. Perhaps we might see some cross fertilisation of ideas and technology with Coachman equivalents acquiring a more realistic payload.
When I asked the family whether it suffered damp they replied ‘ Not in the 10 years we have owned it”.
Bring on the Kabes:)

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
otherclive said:
Wandering around Leicestershire this afternoon looking at a CL I came across a German family who had a 2004 Swedish caravan called Kabe. It was in brilliant condition and looked every bit the caravan equivalent of about Volvo or Saab. It had what they called a kerbweight of 1080 kg with max weight of 1500 kg. Now that’s what I call a practical payload range. Later I did a search for this make and found they had recently bought a 21% share in Coachman. Perhaps we might see some cross fertilisation of ideas and technology with Coachman equivalents acquiring a more realistic payload.
When I asked the family whether it suffered damp they replied ‘ Not in the 10 years we have owned it”.
Kabe and the other lesser known Swedish brand, Polar, are very expensive caravans designed for extended use in cold climates. They are consequently very well insulated and provide very effective heating systems, which, of course, also drives the price up.
As regards damp, I've had two caravans in the almost 30 years that I've been caravanning and neither suffered from damp, nor were they Kabe.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Did it have a distinctive red stripe down the side? I'd come across the brand a while ago... seem to recall they featured ski holder drawers!

It had quite a broad red stripe along the lower half of the caravan. Nice looking caravan all around. Didn’t see inside it but based on exterior quality the inside would probably be good quality.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lutz said:
otherclive said:
Kabe and the other lesser known Swedish brand, Polar, are very expensive caravans designed for extended use in cold climates. They are consequently very well insulated and provide very effective heating systems, which, of course, also drives the price up.
As regards damp, I've had two caravans in the almost 30 years that I've been caravanning and neither suffered from damp, nor were they Kabe.

Ah the benefits of German caravans. Hopefully Coachman and Eldiss might benefit from their links to Kabe (Swedish) and Hymer which may then incentivise the wider UK industry to improve.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k...UFCuwKHTeSB_4Q_AUIESgB&biw=320&bih=489[/quote
How many low railway bridges could one hit with that? :p It is 10foot longer than the max UK caravan length (ignoring the A-frame allowance) but I don't think there is a max height limit dictated?
The maximum body length of caravan that may be towed on British roads by a motor car (vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight of 3,500kg or more) is 7 metres (22 ft 11½ in). The maximum width is 2.3 metres (7 ft 6½ in).

I did some fibreglassing on work experience... could build us a double-decker Sprite! :S

TRENDING THREADS