Kia EV 6 car of the Year

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ideal car is one where you can easily lower your self onto the seat without having to bend you knees. Then swing in without having to tuck knees under chin.
For the less mobile, the ideal car is where you can simply slide across onto the seat, without having to lower oneself onto it - at 6'0" a SUV with seat at highest position works fine for me although SWMBO at 5'3" has to climb in and jump down.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For the less mobile, the ideal car is where you can simply slide across onto the seat, without having to lower oneself onto it - at 6'0" a SUV with seat at highest position works fine for me although SWMBO at 5'3" has to climb in and jump down.
That is what I meant, but I still need to lower my fat bum onto the seat before sliding. :ROFLMAO:
Our Jeep lowers itself as it has air suspension which makes it easier for both of us to climb in and out.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At £40k + will I save any money in the long run with the EV6? My annual mileage rarely exceeds 10k. Even a 50% increase in my fuel bill will not hurt as much as spending £40 k of my savings. I want to be comfy and relaxed in my car. So I admit the SUVs since 2005 have suited our needs best. When the EV6 reduces its price over 3 years to say £20k SWMBO may be interested providing the range will get her to Birmingham and back , nearly 200 miles.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Jeep has done under 25k since Oct 2018, but most of that was in 2019 and 2020. Over the past 2 years less than 14k.
The second car, a Corolla has done about 23k since we bought it in 2012 so about 2k a year as it is only used as a run around the town and never on any real long distance as too uncomfortable for me.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
For many people the difference is ground clearance - 200mm is a minimum for a SUV in my book.

In a morphine moment I couldn’t resist a Google. All of USA origin!
“ The only major difference between an SUV and a crossover is the frame. If one is based on a truck's platform, it's an SUV, but if it's based on a car's platform, it's a crossover. This means that an SUV has a body-on-frame design while all crossovers are considered unibody vehicles.”

I assume frame means Chassis?
Where would we be without web😜😜

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
“ The only major difference between an SUV and a crossover is the frame. If one is based on a truck's platform, it's an SUV, but if it's based on a car's platform, it's a crossover. This means that an SUV has a body-on-frame design while all crossovers are considered unibody vehicles.”

That's because the Americans refuse to recognise anything without an old-fashioned truck chassis as an SUV - so according to them Range Rovers and Discovery's are no longer SUVs!

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

The new Range Rover is unitary construction and has no frame/ chassis. But it’s not a Crossover.
Just quoting 200mm plus ground clearance would make the Dacia Jogger an SUV. To my mind a Crossover is basically a car on steroids with an increased ride height/ clearance. But when choosing a car it’s “ group title” is irrelevant in my hierarchy of needs.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That's because the Americans refuse to recognise anything without an old-fashioned truck chassis as an SUV - so according to them Range Rovers and Discovery's are no longer SUVs!
Which is they are no longer used for proper bush work. The Defender is okay to use in the bush, but I still would not use a Defender as they have a reputation for being unreliable in the bush. Toyota Land Cruiser all the way for me and I do not mean the Chelsea tractor that you see in the UK.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
The EV6 looks the same height as our Kia Cee’d. I can get in and out but it kills the knee. BB at 6ft I can manage. Not sure just how disabled you are but I have to admit I find the Touareg very easy to use. Not sure I’d want a lower car for my regular use

My previous car was an Audi A6 and I struggled to get into it, don't have that issue with my EV6 at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts