kia sorento

Mar 24, 2007
Visit site
morning everyone,

i'm travelling to stoke on sunday from london to look at a sorento in the ken jarvis dealer and hopefully purchasing it, anyone used this dealer and any bad points i need to look out for in the sorento.....it's a shame to travel so far but it's the spec i want in the price range i'm looking at....

thanks in advance

mark.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There don't appear to be many problems with Sorento's even those that are at quite a high mileage. The Kia Forums Uk website is a good source. NMake sure that the recalls have been done. from memory I think that there have only been three. One with brake hose, one affecting early 4 speed autos and one for a drive belt. The VOSA website will have details of these. I have had mine over 4 years and it's been totally trouble free and servicing costs are reasonable. See if the dealer can show afulss service history record as lub changes on the diffs and transfer box are important.

Mar 24, 2007
Visit site
There don't appear to be many problems with Sorento's even those that are at quite a high mileage. The Kia Forums Uk website is a good source. NMake sure that the recalls have been done. from memory I think that there have only been three. One with brake hose, one affecting early 4 speed autos and one for a drive belt. The VOSA website will have details of these. I have had mine over 4 years and it's been totally trouble free and servicing costs are reasonable. See if the dealer can show afulss service history record as lub changes on the diffs and transfer box are important.
thanks other clive

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

I purchased a new Sorento from Ken Jervis in Stoke a couple of years ago. The salesman I dealt with has now moved on. Considering they claim to be a major seller of Kia's the premises is not that big. I travelled from Wimborne because the deal was so good.

I have been back in touch with them again recently and they were very helpful.

Speak as you find and I certainly would deal with them again although Inchcape at Burton on Trent would do me a slightly better deal at the moment on a new sorento.

Regards

Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Markyp

I bought our 2007 pre-registered "demonstrator"Sorento Titan auto(diesil) from Ken Jarvis in March. It was the best price I could find for that model. I live about 70 miles from Ken Jervis. Generally they were very helpful but offered rather a low part-ex price on my Vauxhall Monterey. I could not get them to budge on the price, part-ex or even throw in any extras.

When I first spoke to them the salesman said that I could get the Caravaning4u website extras thrown in on a Titan although that offer was on a different model, XE I think. They later refused to honour, and denied making this verbal offer. They said that they were only making

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Marky p

Do not know the dealer but have a very good relationship with Lowe & Rhodes of Stoke-on-Trent, We live in Kent and have just bought our second caravan from them because they give such excellent service.

Give them a ring 01782 212871 and ask to speak to Steve or John and I'm sure they will know KJ, and "may" be able advise.

You can tell them you got their number from Colin & Christine with the Searcher in Orpington.

Good Luck - Colin.

Mar 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to you all for your replies,,,, took the plunge and purchased the sorento a 56 plated xs with 12k miles on they wouldn't budge on the price but was not really expecting them to anyway but chucked in a few bits and bobs and they are delivering it to me from stoke to my home address free of charge, nice friendly staff for anyone thats looking for a kia.

mark.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts