Kia Sportage

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Good Morning all,

This isn't caravan related but i would think a few here have owned the above at some point, my daughter is looking to buy a Sportage and i was wondering if anyone had some advice on which model ,engine spec etc to go for.

She has around the 8 to 9 k budget , Kia is not a brand i have owned or even worked on so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

She would only be using it as a normal runaround , no towing required.

Many Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our friends bought a 2014 diesel Sportage from new and it’s been totally trouble free. I had a Generation 1 Sorento to replace a 3 year old Discovery that had been very troublesome. Great car. You will find on here that those who have had Kia’s rate the brand highly for towing and not towing. We have a 4 year old Rio petrol 1.25 as a run around and yet I enjoy driving it on longer trips too.

The main choice for your daughter will be diesel or petrol. If she needs to use the car for shorter journeys I would advise petrol but the diesel is more economical for longer trips. But at her budget with a diesel she could find the introduction of LEZ and ULEZ restrict her access to cities.

PS Hyundai and Kia share so much that the Hyundai equivalent could be worth considering. The Tuscan.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Cheers Otherclive,
I think the diesel might be an option as her hubby works 60 miles from home and he will also be using the car, so that might be a good call.

Yeh the Tuscan might also interest her.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS