Kindle Critical Update

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just for info, in case you have missed the notification

Amazon has announced what it is calling a ‘critical’ update for its range of Kindle e-readers.

The technology giant is advising all customers using an outdated version of software to update before March 22.

If you don’t update, you won’t be able to use key features of the e-reader, such as downloading books and connecting to the Kindle Store.

The update applies to all Kindles up to and including the release of the Kindle Paperwhite 5th generation.

How to update your Amazon Kindle

1: Plug your Kindle in to charge during the update.
2: Connect to wi-fi.
3: From the Home screen, select Menu or tap the Menu icon. Then choose Sync and Check for Items.
4: Leave your Kindle connected to the mains and wi-fi until the update is complete. Your device may restart multiple times during the process.
5: Once the process has finished you’ll get a confirmation in your device’s Kindle Library called 03-2016 Successful Update.

If for any reason you can’t update your Kindle before March 22, don’t panic. You’ll need to update it manually by connecting it to a computer via USB.

For full information about the update visit Amazon’s Kindle help pages.

The update comes ahead of a significant update revealed by Amazon in February, which will add a new personalised home screen, along with new My Reading Lists and Recommended reads.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Damian, I recieved this notification about 3 weeks ago, via my Kindle, 3 years old, teling me just leave it connected to wi fi. Last week about 2am, it burst into life waking me up ,and the good lady giving me what for. And for the next hour it went on and off. So either put it under your pillllow, in a drawer, face down or connect as you say, connect to a pc. Today , Wifey, recieved an Email stating how to upgrade.
Still like Terry Prattchet in Hardback though, and the Calender, " 12 Sheds of Grey ". :evil:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts