Kingsbarns, St Andrews Scotland beach car park

By their accounts it would seem to be a local. The carpark was near empty, a small number of dog walkers and the other german motorhome. They arrived on the carpark at around 7 and moved on at 9pm. The person drove alongside, informed them they were breaking the law camping and would be reported then he left. They packed up and moved on afraid of getting a ticket on a hire van.

We also received an email from a local (the same one? we don't know) informing us of the customers transgression. Made out that motorhomers overnighting ruins it for legitimate users (are motorhomers not legitimate users?) and they were contravening fife council regulations. Asked us to pass this onto our customers.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is the same car park but Here is an article about problems being caused by inconsiderate motorhome users published in September 2013 and another from July last year. As far as I am aware no by-laws have been brought in since then but if abuse continues I expect there will be some in time.

It may be worth explaining to your hirers that, in general, nobody has a right to camp in a car park or on any other land without the permission of the land owner. With the exception of unrestricted lay-bys or other on road camping (whether highways provisions like displaying appropriate lights must be obeyed) camping must be in accordance with the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 to be legal.

See This Article for more guidance.

Graham

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
We should all respect the law and the environment and leave things exactly as we found them, with modern motorhomes, campers and caravans with hi-tech gear there is no reason we should leave anything other than a tyre track in the sand so that is is left for all to enjoy.

I would like nothing better than to pitch up at such a location with a stunning view and watch the sun set ovet the sea with a cold beer in my hand and ideally wake up in the morning with the same view ...... Without committing or causing any offence that is !

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Strange that the OP has never come back with any results of any investigation they have undertaken.

It leaves one wondering why :lol:

Graham

TRENDING THREADS