L200 Warrior/Animal or Nissan Navaro pick ups

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Glen I would be tempted to go for the Mitsubishi, a friend of mine has the Navara, however, they are noted for gearbox and diff failures, he has already had a gearbox in his 57 plate, thankfully under warranty.

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
I have an 07 Navara and tow a Bailey Ranger 540/6 like its not there. Fantastic vehicle and recommend it highly.

Ignore all the scare mongers.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
its pretty hard to ignore the "scare mongers" dan when there are so many !, its a very well documented and over discussed subject on many web forums, my knackered navara.com is just one of many many web forums dedicated to the serious engine failures that this vehicle suffers normally around the 50 thousand mile mark. if it wasn't for the engine failures then i would agree with you that it is a pretty good looking vehicle and a possible contender however its reputation is too much of a concern for me to recommend it to anyone.

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
its pretty hard to ignore the "scare mongers" dan when there are so many !, its a very well documented and over discussed subject on many web forums, my knackered navara.com is just one of many many web forums dedicated to the serious engine failures that this vehicle suffers normally around the 50 thousand mile mark. if it wasn't for the engine failures then i would agree with you that it is a pretty good looking vehicle and a possible contender however its reputation is too much of a concern for me to recommend it to anyone.
Glen asked if anyone towed with one of these vehicles along with their opinions so was just giving mine.

Its a fantastic tow car and i've had no issues.

I live in my car, its my work vehicle, family car and tow car!!!

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
Just found this.

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8770
All posative reports.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
The engine problems relate to the navara d22 model built upto 2005, the current version from 2005 onwards d40 model is a completly different vehicle with no known engine faults. I have a 2009 aventura auto and its the best tow vehicle I have had.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi Glen,

We tow a coachman laser with a mitsubisi warrior and love it, it has no problems pulling and the ride is great,We have had a back put on ours so the dog can sit in the back.

Aimee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts