la pointe du medoc

Jun 19, 2005
Visit site
thanks for your reply, yes that is the site. You're right, it does look OK, I just wanted some first-hand experience/info from anyone who had visited it and the local area recently. If anyone has been in the vicinity of the Gironde, especially Le Verdon sur mere, I would like to hear your comments about places to visit etc

Thanks

Bri

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
We returned from a fortnight stay just up the road at Grayan de l'hopital last week. We had a great time, very relaxed as the area is very quiet. Superb beach, miles of sand and interesting concrete "structures" in the sand. One thing to note is that the beach has designated areas for nudists, who do however tend to wander out of these area's at times ;-)

There are loads of local vineyards providing ample supplies of wine. Regarding things to do, we never really ventured far as we wanted a beach holiday and this fitted the bill perfectly.

One small gripe however was that we had a one and a half hour wait for the small ferry from Royan, I dont know if we were just unlucky or if we just hit it at a busy time, it did save a drive down to Bordeaux and back up though.

Good luck, hope you have a great time as we did.

Jack and Karon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian don't know about the sightseeing but they do wine, from Artisan upto Grand Cru, We went to Listrac Medoc nice place for decent wine 10E a bottle not bad for that area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts