Lack of attention to detail.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have just been trawling round the Swift Group website and nosing through the galleries and I really wonder whether they actually check their media.
Looking at some of the pictures inside the caravans, given that these are Swifts Flagship Adverts, you would expect them to show a little perfection in the detail. But no, you can clearly see drawers misaligned, switches not level, hinges badly adjusted. Were that me I would have that rectified before publishing the pictures but the fact is that Swift, and no doubt every other manufactuer accept this as the norm.
If there was half an inch difference in the gap between top and bottom of your new car door, you would take it back.

[INT]-Elegance-560-30-Litre-Water-Tank-[SWIFT].jpg

[INT]-Elegance-560-Duvalay-Mattress-[SWIFT].jpg

What sort of signal does this send out. The are other pics as bad and I only picked one caravan. This thing costs near on £30,000. Would you accept that on a £30,000 car.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
That's the dealers job...

But seriously, The 2019 Sprite catalogue has Photoshopped pictures of the 2018 model to make the worktops/tables black (they are white in the 2018 Sprite). This has annoyed me as the white ones are useless and stain the second you look at them.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
White :eek:hmy:
No chance i would get white work tops or white furnishings and have 2 kids in the same area ! Like you say , one look and they're stained !!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
In a similar vein, we have the Swiftshield Upholstery, and Swifts video shows them pouring copious amounts or red wine and ketchup on the the fawn coloured seat, then adding ink and felt tip pen. Finally they wipe the whole thing clean with a baby wipe. Would I try this with my own, not until hell freezes over.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thingy said:
In a similar vein, we have the Swiftshield Upholstery, and Swifts video shows them pouring copious amounts or red wine and ketchup on the the fawn coloured seat, then adding ink and felt tip pen. Finally they wipe the whole think clean with a baby wipe. Would I try this with my own, not until hell freezes over.

We have the Brownie colour the light brownish I think I can't remember off the top my head as it feels ages since I've seen the caravan but the chances of me spilling a drop of red wine is very slim :p !!!
But the kids spilling a bit off ketchup; well probably 99% chance but whenever we eat at the table we always put a towel down on the seats where the kids may sit as well as already having a sort of throw on every seat in the caravan to minimise any stain or anything spilt on the seats as it's cost too much !!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Thingy said:
In a similar vein, we have the Swiftshield Upholstery, and Swifts video shows them pouring copious amounts or red wine and ketchup on the the fawn coloured seat, then adding ink and felt tip pen. Finally they wipe the whole think clean with a baby wipe. Would I try this with my own, not until hell freezes over.

We have the Brownie colour the light brownish I think I can't remember off the top my head as it feels ages since I've seen the caravan but the chances of me spilling a drop of red wine is very slim :p !!!
But the kids spilling a bit off ketchup; well probably 99% chance but whenever we eat at the table we always put a towel down on the seats where the kids may sit.

We cover our seats and beds with breathable waterproof mattress covers and for good measure linen throws go over the top. And then to top it all off the front seats will have vetbedding too. Now where did I put my payload?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
That's the dealers job...

But seriously, The 2019 Sprite catalogue has Photoshopped pictures of the 2018 model to make the worktops/tables black (they are white in the 2018 Sprite). This has annoyed me as the white ones are useless and stain the second you look at them.

The pictures in the manufacturers brochures are not the dealers job, that is definitely the manufacturers responsibility. And its also the manufacturers job to design products that shouldn't need this sort of adjustment, yet alone let them out of the factory door.

When it comes to Quality , the manufactures haven't lost the plot, they never had it!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think they never had it.
Out of six new caravans only one did not need attention to some silly minor detail or in one case a new fridge. The exception was from Avondale but even that had excess screws left everywhere and after a couple of years we did discover several screws were too short and needed replacing.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I should have said that if you click on the pictures to expand them, you can see hust how skewed these drawers are.
If you had paid thirty quid for these at Ikea, I would bet most would take them back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts