Ladders for cleaning caravan roof

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Now with the majority of caravan roofs being a flat horizontal surface way above eye level, quite what purpose does cleaning it actually serve? I did the " inverted boat" roof" of our earlier vans, but they were very visible.

I do tend to feel many things that can be left alone, are best left so. Modern caravan roofs with the personal hazards, and potential damage involved, and no obvious advantage other than one of self-satisfaction, seems a case in point.

I don't clean the flat section roof of my house.
I do the caravan roof, because every time it rains the muck on the roof (or some of it) washes down the sides, front and back. Cleaning the roof a couple of times a year makes keeping the visible bits looking good much easier.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would wash it in the late autumn prior to spraying it with Winterwash. Then clean it in spring to remove the winterwash and spray with Bobby Dazzler.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but does anyone clean off black mould around skylights? I didn’t try too hard because I thought I could end up opening a can of worms…

Try Muck-off. It is a soluble biodegradable cleaner made for pushbikes. An eggcup full in your washer bottle an I guarantee you will never have smears . The manufacturer did do a caravan version a couple of years back but it was twice the price of the bike version which I suspect was the same thing but with a different colour added!
Halfords sell it in their bike depts in 1L and 4L (or is it 5L?) bottles. Look around for prices - the big bottle costs somewhere around £25 but it will last you years even if you use it on the car as well as you need so little, but I once got one on offer at Halfords for something like £14.50. I've been using it on our caravan(s) for about 9 years and have never had any problems. The car/caravan body positively shines when it dries!

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
mucky caravan roofs are very visible especially when behind one on a hilly country road thats even if you don't notice the streaks down the sides!
I too use muc-off and never had a problem I also use Autoglym caravan cleaner but it's a bit expensive

Man across the road strolls up and down his bailey roof with a mop!
takes all sorts

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
mucky caravan roofs are very visible especially when behind one on a hilly country road thats even if you don't notice the streaks down the sides!
I too use muc-off and never had a problem I also use Autoglym caravan cleaner but it's a bit expensive

Man across the road strolls up and down his bailey roof with a mop!
takes all sorts
Like everything you pay for the results you achieve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts