Ladysmile Touring Park

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,new to this site and hoping for some good information and or advice.

Having left it a bit late to book our annual holiday it's been a bit difficult trying to find somewhere to go at short notice.

Just looked at Ladysmile in Dawlish,they have vacancies for the dates we require,16 to 30 August.

Question is this,has anybody been? Was it any good?

We have two teenage boy's,15 and 17 so would need summat to keep them occupied (I Hope).

Any feedback atall would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We went but it was at least 12 years ago! It was a nice site then. Looking at the brochure they have extended the pool since then. You could walk to the beach, but I have to say I didn't like dawlish warren beachfront, rather run down, and muddy. Mind you in 12 years, it may be completly rebuilt by now.

I'm not being much help am I?

mel

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Lots for them to do with two pools, amusements, club ,karting in Dawlish Sadly more than its fair share of morons kicking balls round your van,cycling noisy wotsits coming back from the club.On balance with kids its ideal on your own its hell.We go once a year to see relations and take every windbreak we can get hold of I know its anti social but you need all the protection you can get

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Peter

We went to ladys mile in Aug 2006 like you we were new to caravaning,the adverts looked great and so does the website saying it had small golf course and nice tereaced pitches.

What we fund was something different when we arrived , over 650 other vans all close together we could list to the conversation in the next van, kids playing football between vans,two vans in our row arrived together and pitched awnings joining, they proceeded to party until 1 am for the next 5 nights, wardens just said keep quiet when we complained but no where to be seen at night to listen to the noise.

This site is problably very good normally but my advice is stay well clear during the holiday season (by the way never did get that round of golf becaused they filled the course with campers in tents).

Try crofton or whitehill nr paignton

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi stayed there some 5 years ago , had to partake? in game of rounders/baseball to stop ball hitting our units with fellow? campers some 2 rows back, totally agree with others about noisy rowdy revellers making way back from club , luckily kids grown up so don,t need a site with all those facilities now ,would go with other posters recomendation of alternative sites. cheers john

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Is it specifically the Dawlish area you are looking at? Have you looked at the Woolacombe Bay parcs? It is a three park group, Golden Coast, Twitchen Parc and Easewell, all quite different for tourers. We pitched on Easewell two years ago, quite quiet, pitches a bit tight but I think thats par for the course on these sorts of sites.

On Monday we are off to Golden Coast, though in a chalet, not in the touring park. (Pitches here are VERY tight on this particular site). Anyway, the reason I'm saying this is we too have a 17 yr old and 15 yr old. There is a bus that runs frequently between the sites so they can get out and about under their own steam. It also includes the beach bus stop on its travels. They are able to be independent, go to whichever site they choose, see whichever shows they want etc. and they are all within relatively close proximity. There's a bowling alley, swimming pools, pool tables, loads of stuff for the older kids. Last time they met up with a group of others and played pool, joined in the party games in the evening (most unusual) and generally had a whale of a time.

Damage Barton site is close by, this is beautiful, absolutely beautiful but perhaps not right for teens if they want to get involved in stuff. If we were on our own this would be our choice most definitely. But, there's nothing worse than having two teenagers hanging around you bored to death, thats why we choose the former.

Just a thought.

Val.

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi Val,

Thanks for the info,will have a look at these sites later.

Doesn't have to be round Dawlish,at this late stage I think I'd settle for most places.

Just seems there's not a lot left ot there.....

Thanks anyway,

Pete.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Peter,

As Valerie states, the sites that form the Woolacombe Bay Parcs (theres actually four sites) are all conected by a Bus, you simply purchase a ticket (about

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Don`t go!! the brouchure is far better than the real thing, the site is in an industrial estate, straight off the main road, approx 2 miles from dawlish sands and its a fair walk down a hill to get there,the two pools are ok but entertainment is rubbish unless you go to the bar at about 5 you wont see any show, if you do go to ladys mile try to get there early or you will end up in the top field (overspill) approx 200 vans in here mixed with tents, and the field is infested with ants, took me 2 months to get rid of them after i came home.not forgetting if its dry its very dusty in the top field, other than that have a nice time!!!

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
We did a CC rally there back in 2002 and had a great time. It was on the top field, it is very sloping but gave lots of space. We did note that the booked field was very cramped. Oh, and some of the kids play ground was broken.

It sounds to have gone down since then.

Brum

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts