Laguna Tourer

Jun 11, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

We have Laguna Tourer (Estate) It's the 1.9 diesel. In terms of power and economy there's no problem at all but I am a bit concerned about the hitch position which seems very low. I'd appreciate any comments that others may have on the Laguna as a tow car, we're very pleased with it in other respects but as we hope to travel long distances in the year ahead I'd like to be sure we we're getting the best combination

Thanks

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

How low is low?

If your Laguna is new enough to comply with the tow bar type approval scheme, then there are specified limits for the height of the tow-ball above ground - importantly - when the trailer is coupled up.

This measurement is specified (plus the permissible range limit) to the centre of the tow-ball - which you'll probably need to estimate - and a reading of 380 mm should be about right.

Robert

Jun 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

How low is low?

If your Laguna is new enough to comply with the tow bar type approval scheme, then there are specified limits for the height of the tow-ball above ground - importantly - when the trailer is coupled up.

This measurement is specified (plus the permissible range limit) to the centre of the tow-ball - which you'll probably need to estimate - and a reading of 380 mm should be about right.

Robert
Thanks, that's something I'll check out. It's certainly low enough so the van inclines down making the whole unit look slightly V shaped.

Feb 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jon,

I tow with a laguna tourer , the back end is a bit soft on these models , i tow an abbey vogue 4 berth , but i fitted "mad" progressive springs and it tows lovely now (it did before) but ride height is prety good now. Mind you they are a bit expensive at

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Jon I towed with a laguna tourer for around 8 months (company car) it towed great exept for the rear end sag. Springs seemed very soft for such a car.

Kevin H

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
We used to have a laguna estate and like you it was very low when towing. We were thinking about getting the extra springs put on, however I got a bit concerned when reading the caravan club magazine regarding how renualt have the towing limit for driver only and you should therefore go for towing in other circumstances. That changed the towing limit from 1500 to 1100. We recently replaced our caravan and it is slightly heavier than our first. We hav a Bailey ranger 500/5 this would mean we were towing ilegally as MTPL is 1271. We have just swapped to a Seat Alambra which is a 77% match and will be taking it out for a first tow at the weekend.

Jane

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello

Has anyone used the Renault 2005 Laguna II Hatch Extreme 1.9 Dci for towing and have any advice? I will be towing a 2006 Bailey Pageant 4 berth would be interested in your comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts