LandRover Freelander TD4 04/04 Reg

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.

Was wondering if anyone here tows with one of the above vehicles.

The main things im wondering about are ;

1.Reliability

2.Servicing costs

3.Parts costs

and of course your general thoughts on towing with it.

Many thanks.

Adrian

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I have an 03 TD4 Diesel it tows my 1200 kg caravan like a dream. Good on wet grass mud snow etc. Very comfortable.

Reliability zero, I have owned it 5 years, I have had 2 sets of injectors at

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Peter.

I think thats what i will go for.

Same size engine as i have now and reliability is far superior to the freelander.

Adrian

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
We had a TD4 02 plate from new to 2010. Was a superb tow car initially (didn't know we had the caravan on the back) but in the latter 4 years of ownership we spent thousands on various bits and bobs (new fuel pumps whilst on holiday on the Isle of Skye

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
It just so happens I have a low milage, FSH, 04/TD4 which will be going on Autotrader this weekend once I have given it a polish. Just serviced, 12 months tax and 12 months MOT. It has been reliable - previous owner said it only ever needed its routine service, and I have not needed to spend any extra on it.

Not sure the above posts are going to help my cause but hey ho!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Cheap n Cheerful.

I dont blame you for trying mate.

Im sorry,but the comments above basically confirmed what i had already heard.

No doubt,yours is in excellent condition and will run with no faults for years to come,but i cant afford to take that chance.

I do hope you sell it quickly though.Best of luck.

Adrian

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Adrian

Yes me again. I had a TD4 03 plate but unfortunately only had for a year as we started caravaning with the Freelander and liked it so much we bought a new Coachman and had to buy a Sedona to pull it.

The Freelander was a towers dream. Didn't knoe we had the Pageant on the back. It was also a great solo drive. I had no problems in the year I owned it.

I bought the Sedona and looking on the Forum there were mixed advice on this towcar. I can tell you its amazing. The only downside is the

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
My father had a 52 registered TD4 (auto) from new, which he swapped for a new Freelander 2 last year. In the seven years, he had a new alternator and an intercooler hose.

My brother-in-law snapped his hand off for it, and his only complaint since is that he's had to fill up the washer bottle!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts