Laptop TV?

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Has anybody any experience of using a laptop and TV stick such as the Hauppauge one on sites to get satellite TV like the article in one of the magazines recently - if so is the Status directional aerial Ok or do you still need a dish?

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
You cannot get satellite TV with any TV stick. You will only receive Digital TV which is something entirely different.

With digital TV it all depends on your location and the signal strength. My experience with the Satus aerial I would say forget it!

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi - we watch TV on the laptop by taking one of the mobile dongle things with us which we top up before we go, then watch TV by logging onto the internet and watching things on ITV and BBC player. Works a treat!!

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
You cannot get satellite TV with any TV stick. You will only receive Digital TV which is something entirely different.

With digital TV it all depends on your location and the signal strength. My experience with the Satus aerial I would say forget it!
Actually you can get sat on a stick - well OK, in a small box. Hauppauge used to make them.

Whether they still do or not is a different matter!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts