LCD TV with DVD

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking to replace my ageing TV. Can anyone recommend a good 19/22" LCD HD Ready TV with built in DVD and Freeview (wow thats a mouth full). Thanks

Cheers
Gazza

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi Gazza Have you tried Richer Sounds? I bought one for our van from there last year, 19" lcd with built in dvd & freeview for £119.95 and that was with a 5 year warranty, and it's a cracker.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When you go shopping for a tv make sure that the picture does not go dark if you view it from below. Some TVs only have a visible picture from face on; often the tv in a van is mounted or placed higher than normal. To check this you have to adopt the following method:
1. Identify the tv you might purchase in Currys/Comet/etc.
2. ensure it is turned on.
3. Crouch down or sit on the floor so that you are looking up at it.
4. Smile confidently at the sales assistant who has hurried over assuming that you are not safe to be let out unsupervised.

We got an Avtek tv that is designed for caravn use: viewable screen from all angles and it is adapted for the 12v power source. There is something technical about the stability/consistency (or lack of it) of 12v feed that some tvs don't like, apparently (don't ask me I was still getting up off the floor). Great picture once your eyes stop watering from the price.
mel

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
My advice too is to ask to listen to the tone of the TV before you buy. We bought a cheap one a few years ago from Argos and the sound was so tinny drove us mad. We now have a dearer 19" model bought from Tesco and it is fine. We asked for a demo in the shop before we would buy. If you want to know the make just ask and I will look at it cannot remember it off hand. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts