le pin parasol

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of going here next july for 3 weeks, have 2 boys 12 and 14 years, greatly appreciate any comments,as its our first time abroad, thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Know this site well but have never stayed there, although my sister has. Its a nice site over looking a lake and quite high up, don't let this put you off. Last time I was there (visiting my sister) it was quite open with out much shade. It has a nice bar and swimming pool. There are some nice cycle routes and walking paths to follow. The area is nice too. The nearest beach is about 20 mins drive but we've always gone a bit further to St Gilles, the beach there is great and quite safe for younger children. If you have older children that like it a bit rough or enjoy surfing then Les Dunes is the best place to go. My sister recommends this site very highly although we've always gone to a site not to far away. La Garangeoire

Hope you have a lovely time where ever you end up.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi judy....Les Dunes is a beach about 20 to 30 mins drive from Pin Parasol. You would have to turn left from your site then left again at the tee junc, get to the main road and turn right towards Bretignolles-sur-mer, once here follow signs for Brem sur mer then Les Sables d'Olonne, its a turning right off this road. I'm sure when you get to the site someone will be able to tell you where it is. Waves there are very strong especially when the tide is close to high tide. Not a place thats suitable for young children as I found out when I took my daughter who was then 9 years old. She was literally bowled over by in coming waves.

Mike

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi judy....Les Dunes is a beach about 20 to 30 mins drive from Pin Parasol. You would have to turn left from your site then left again at the tee junc, get to the main road and turn right towards Bretignolles-sur-mer, once here follow signs for Brem sur mer then Les Sables d'Olonne, its a turning right off this road. I'm sure when you get to the site someone will be able to tell you where it is. Waves there are very strong especially when the tide is close to high tide. Not a place thats suitable for young children as I found out when I took my daughter who was then 9 years old. She was literally bowled over by in coming waves.

Mike
Not sure if i fancy that beach, but thank you for your help Mike G

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts