leaking caravan

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I need some advice our caravan has started letting water in i know it will be a big job sorting it out but i am very good at diy having custom built a motorhome .
Whats the best way of making our touring caravan watertight?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Depends where the leak is. :( Please give us more info, is it window surrounds, panel joins, roof lights, wheel arches, etc. Have you checked the extent of water damage with a moisture meter?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Craig, looking at your photo's I would go that bit further and remove some of the wall board under the window,
and see how far the damp has travelled, you have two possible area's there for the water ingress, could be the awning rail out side or could be around the window seals, has the rubber perished? Dont despair it can be re-paired, just take you time and ask more questions

Look Here

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks like water has got in at the front corner about the level of the window sill. My guess would be the sealant there has failed but it might be the window seal so both need to be checked. If it is the sealant the awning rail needs to be removed and the old sealant removed and replaced. This is a fairly big job and is best done undercover. Hopefully someone on here can give you some technical help if that is the case.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to amplify Gagakev's post,

You need to expose all the affected timber and go a little further until you find good solid wood before replacing it. You also need to pay particular attention to all panel and other seals in the area, as the area of worst rotting often does not relate to the nearest panel joint being the source of water ingress.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts