LED replacements

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
I am sure that someone can suggest a supplier for replacing the 12v spotlamp bulbs in my Series 5 Indiana for less harsh leds. Thank in anticipation

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Never used this company myself but when this topic was discussed some time ago ultraleds.co.uk were recomended as being a good source. I kept a note of their name as I was thinking along the same lines as yourself.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
we bought some from screwfix but when we were at the Malvern show we bought two high powered ones(much dearer) but loads better Sadly I didnt keep the boxes but will have a search.

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
we bought some from screwfix but when we were at the Malvern show we bought two high powered ones(much dearer) but loads better Sadly I didnt keep the boxes but will have a search.
Hi Dirk we have replaced our interior bulbs with LED some from Cak Tanks and some from Leisure power from Warrington both companies where at the NEC show this time.

Regards

Clive

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have recently replaced all the halogen bulbs on my Swift Challenger 480 with LEDs from Leisurepower

(www.leisurepower.co.uk) and we tried them out under active service on a trip to Wales this last week. Their 'warm' LEDs do give a really warm light. The LED 10 with side fitting for G4 effectively replaced the 10 watt halogen bulbs in the overhead lights and gave out at least as much light, if not more. The LED 6 with side fitting for G4 just fitted into the reading spotlights and gave much more light than the original 5 watt halogen bulbs. They are not cheap, but will trhe changeover lengthen our possible stays on non-EHU CLs - cheaper than a solar panel - and quieter and cheaper than a generator!

The LEDs were received within 48 hours of ordering on line.

Cheers

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your last response.
In general LEDs use far less current than conventional bulbs for the same light output power.Assuming the LEDs you have fitted are lower wattage than the bulbs they replace then yes you will be able to use the bulbs for longer for no extra power consummed.

If you are interested,
Direct currnet (DC) electrics fortunately have a simple interelationship between Volts (V), Amps (A) and Watts (W).
V x A = W,
For most 12V devices this relationship yeilds accurate results:-
Batteries are quoted as having a capacity of so many Amp/hours (Ah), and in simple terms it means that a 110Ah could provide a current of 1A for 110Hours, or 2A for 55h and so on, though taken they als usually have a maximum discharge rate which
means you can't take it other extreme i.e 110A for 1 hour!

Most conventional caravan lights(filament and flourescent) consume between 1 and 1.5A of curent when operating. As we tend to use lights for extended periods (several hours) then its quite suprising how much they drain a battery, so any more efficent lighting could make a substantial power saving.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I got mine from ebay, but I have lost the actual sellers name. My first try was a single "bright white" too blue for us, after that I bought "warm white" which are great, taking far less battery power than the original halogens.
Well worth the money if you do much Off EHU

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts