Les Ecureuils,Jard sur mer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have travelled with Select Sites for the passix years or so. Wonderful to deal with and have always given me the cheapest quotes for crossings etc. Tried them and Camping Cheques and CC but Select were the cheapest again this year, if only by a few pounds.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Darren

I visited this site last july as we were staying at another one of the sites in the area which we booked through select sites about 25miles north of this area, this was going to be one of our selections.

Quite frankly I am glad that I did not book this site as it was very cramped and dark total tree cover over almost all the site,we checked all of the sites in the select site book in the area and would only recommend one of the sites in that area, if you insist on being close to the beach= Camping Du Jard at La Tranche only a few miles further south and close to some lovely beaches.

Do yourself a favour and ask Select sites if you can change!

There seems to be a problem in the area the closer to the beach you are the smaller the pitches and the more crammed and noisey they are.

One site I would thoroughly recommend is Le Pin Parasol it is beside a lovely lake has a superb pool/slides area huge pitches and friendly owners and is 15 mins from nearest beaches, we had a great time there last summer and will return.

We have used select sites on five other occasions and always found their holidays to be first class and we are traveling to Royan with them this summer, sorry about some of the negative comments but that is what you need to know.

Good Luck.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
We visited this site 4 years ago and generally were very impressed by the standards. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Site was kept spotless, toilet blocks were thoroughly cleaned twice daily. At that time there was only an outdoor pool which was clean with lovely gardens around it. I believe they now have an indoor pool on site as well. There was a small bar, again kept clean and well run. Small shop at entrance which sells basics including fresh bread daily. Also a take away with a fairly limited menu, but what they sold was of good quality. A short distance to the beach and a 10 minute walk to the village. Pitches are a bit on the small side compared to sites further inland and pitches towards the rear are set amongst pine trees. The ones to the front are slightly more open. I notice that vans are limited in size to 6.5m now, ours is over 7m and didn't leave a lot of room on the pitch for anything else once the awning was up. Pitch size is the only reason I wouldn't go back. I think all the pitches have water, waste and mains electric.

We travelled at that time via the Alan Rogers Travel Service, efficient but expensive. Since then we have booked twice, at other sites, with Select Sites including this coming summer. I have found them to be competitively priced even compared to the Caravan Club.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have used select sites for the past 2 years also have booked through them for this year. excellent service.The first year there were 3 families and they arranged for us all to be sited together

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I need some advise. My family are off to spain this summer and would like to know which areas are the most popular with us brits, all comments welcome including nice sites, good areas etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts