Less then a week to go!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
We are picking up our new Bailey Burgundy caravan up on Saturday, not sure what happens on the day regarding exchange and paperwork, any help before the day would be very helpful and appreciated.

We are going to store it on a CaSSOA site and have the alko hitch lock and a wheel clamp, going to buy the alko wheel lock after Xmas.

Does anyone know if our new van be tagged? I know it will have been Cris reg. due to it being a new van (or am I wrong)?

We will be getting our insurance before we pick the van up, so we will be covered from day one.

We are exited but also apprehensive at the same time, due to trying to make the van secure as possible.

Any information is much appreciated.

Allyson

G

Have the locks before you get it, it may not be insured without the lock being fitted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson,

Chill, enjoy the van when it turns up! Yes it will be tagged as all models are currenty and also it will CRIS registered. Our's does not turn up till January. Let us know how you go on, not only with the van, but the dealer. Me thinks they read these these threads and take notice, there again I could be compleatly wrong?

Rob

P.S Happy Christmas, have a great one.

Sorry am I allowed to say Happy Christmas or am I not P.C (and I don't mean Practical Caravan or personal computer)

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Allyson

Bailey supplied me with 2 alko locks free when I took delivery of my van

Check it out, you may get it for nothing
I don't think I'll be that lucky even though it's Christmas. What van did you have and when did you have it?

Regards

Allyson

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I don't think I'll be that lucky even though it's Christmas. What van did you have and when did you have it?

Regards

Allyson
A carolina and we got it in June

Look for a black zip bag with 2 handles, it will be in there!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Allyson,

The dealers we bought our van from is a family concern and they took 2 hours to show us how things worked. Mind you we have had the van 6 months now, and we are still finding out how things work !!!.

Enjoy your new van

Val & Frank

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi Allyson,

We picked up our new Bailey Senator Indiana on the 17th November, bang on the date quoted.

Your dealer should go through a comprehensive handover to ensure that you are "au fait" with the operation of everything, ours did, even though it was really belting down, and we are experienced caravaners, indeed as part of the warranty registration form, you have to sign to say that the dealer has shown you how everything works.

It should be Chris registered & tagged before you take delivery.

Buy the Alko hitch lock & the wheel lock straight away (Senators come with the wheel lock as standard) better safe than sorry!

Although you are going to store it on a Cassoa site, don't put all your faith in the security, I did at our previous Cassoa (silver) site, but in July this year 14, yes 14 vans were broken into, including mine, we have moved to a Cassoa Gold site where the security is so much better.

But, ENJOY, your new Burgundy, be patient with the dealer during the handover, but be assured by the fact that the Bailey's instruction manual is probably the most comprehensive that you'll ever come across.

GeorgeB

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

Just to let you know, I would love to get my Al-ko lock for my wheels, but and this is a big but~

Alko have not made it yet, apparently it well be available in mid to late January.

Allyson

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Allyson,

The chances of YOUR van being stolen are 1000s to 1. Yes vans are stolen, and it must be devastating to people who have their van stolen. But take care and it will be OK promise.

Val & Frank

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for that Frank, I cannot belive that Alko have produced the one part and not the lock.

I think I'm more excited then the children are for Christmas, I'm counting the sleeps now until we pick it up.

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First little nigle,not over impressed with the al-ko wheel lock, must admit that it is very secure but very awkward to fit. And on top of that the caravan club insurance are not offering any discount for using it, so I have just been out and bought a al-ko hitch lock as my old 2007 model would not fit..........another Item for sale!!!!!!!

Allan & Gill.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Allan

Which Bailey van do you have? It cannot be one of the Pageant ranges because the lock is not made yet as I said in my previous comments.

Are you pleased with it otherwise?

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson, yes so far so good, we have chosen the Senator Arizona. I have found the Al-Ko wheel lock awkward to use, in as much that the wheel has to line up spot on with the receiver before you can get the locking bolt in, and in my case where I keep it at home I have no room to manoeuvre it to get it in line, so I have to jack the van up and spin the wheel to line it up. Okay so it is very secure once fitted but now days we are so used to having things easy, perhaps it's just me! Then the other problem is that when it is not at home we keep it in storage, we take it to the site drop it off and they put it away & secure it, not to sure if they would be happy rolling the van backwards & forwards to line it up! So we have bought another Al-Ko hitch lock for ease of use and will use the wheel clamp whilst on site. We are off out in it today for a couple of nights to road test it will report back with any problems. Just remembered we have got to get used to making a bed up again............mmmmm you cant have it always.

Allan & Gill.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts