Light problem

Sep 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi, While away in France, as I was reversing our Bailey Ranger 2004 model on to a pitch my wife said one of the stop,tail lights was not working, as I had a spare bulb kit with me I went to change the bulb, after removing the lense cover and changing the bulb, I found that what ever was behind the rear panel to screw the lense screws into, must have fallen off, and the only way I could keep the lense on was with the famous tape which I think we all carry. I am curious to know if any other Ranger owner has had this problem, and how they solved it. Hoping someone can help me, thanks Clive

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Had the same prob as you with my Senator except that I managed to strip the thread of the fixed nuts because a replacement light fixture had different screws!

I found that a Rawlplug standard fixing for fitting to hollow internal house doors or studwalls worked a treat and this may work for you too.

Put the fitting in the hole, should be a nice fit if Bailey use the same setup on all their recent Vans which is highly likely, or drill the van to fit. Use one of the light fitting screws with a suitable spacer to bear on the head of the fixing and screw in to expand the gripper then remove the screw and spacer. The head of the fixing has little spurs which should have embeded themselves into the composite suface of the van if you have used enough screwing force but with the gripper expanded it aint going anywhere.

Then simply fit the lamp cover.

Sep 22, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Allyson and David. You were right about the gromets Allyson. Because the extended warranty I had taken out with, as I thought Bailys, I phoned them to see if I was covered, but they said no, lights were not covered, But after a short rather heated argument, they said they were willing to send me some of the gromets as a good will gesture, so all ended OK. Thanks again for your kind help. Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts