Limited Being 25ft

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi

can anybody recomend cc sites to take 25ft or longer around the lake district, problem being when trying to book using cc club,

keep getting warning signs saying outfit is to long for site , please phone direct.

now me being a penny pincher on phones thought there must be quite a few memberes now who have upgraded to a larger van & have been hundreds of times around uk to know what outfit can fit on site's & around the country roads getting there

any were in uk would be of interest but we are interested at going to the lakes pref: south lakes or hopefully around Amblesside around july.thank's in Advanced.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Moses,

Try Broughton in furness, Mrs P M Cooper, Upper Hawthwaite farm, decent roads to it and a good entrance, the pitches will be long enough for you, with stickle pike through the windows in the morning its a nice site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Troutbeck Head Caravan Club has had some large American motorhomes on occasion when we have been there......why not e-mail Club head office and ask them to supply you with a list of sites which will take larger vehicles?

Feb 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi there,

Ive stayed at skelwith fold a lovely site in ambleside.

i tow a 26 ft twin axle and site access was no problem but make sure you get your directions spot on to avoid having to go well past the entrance to turn around.

regards

mike

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi there,

Ive stayed at skelwith fold a lovely site in ambleside.

i tow a 26 ft twin axle and site access was no problem but make sure you get your directions spot on to avoid having to go well past the entrance to turn around.

regards

mike
Hi Mike

Thank's for the info will give that a try later on,

Have just booked 8 nights starting 1st July at Park Coppice Coniston, other half slapped back of mee head & made me phone direct to the warden & check access & size. (me fink wifey really wants to go somewhere this year)but any more info is much appreciated.

Oh on a lighter note have also booked a cottage for 2 adults & our lovely dog benson before we bought our van & what a price difference, Ie: 8nights in our van

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Moses,

I think the CC do it for the reason that a fair few of the pitches may be smaller than average and so a reservation with info to the effect is needed to guanatee the appropriate pitch.

Secondly some of the CC sites in the Lake district have quite tight access roads (as do commercial ones) and the warden may want to give you some particularly important advice. A call for 50p may save some agro and heartache

Kindest regards Monkeys husband

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Thank you All

Just recived a E:mail from cc club

On praticaly what Roger L advised.(will have to take up reading again) Anyway have had lots of good advice from you're -selves.

Kind Regards Moses.

Ps:page 254 of site directory & Handbook

& all cc sites are capable of 28feet or less (Check)

Like Monkeys husband 50p not bad on a phone call. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts