Llety Touring Park, Tresaith

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
Has anybody used the above site?
We visited Tresaith last summer for an evening meal in the pub there, as our friends have a static in Llangranog, and were very impressed with it.
I have read some reviews of the site, mostly good, but there's a lot of mention of the steep walk back from the beach. Is this a real problem?
Jo

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Tre-saith is one of my all time favourite places Jo, and the site that you mentioned was good the last time that we went some years ago but it's definitely a very steep hill back toward the site from the beach or the Ship Inn pub.
I think that a bus runs part of the way but the first part of the road is the steepest and quite a climb if you're walking. It can be a bit easier if you use the footpaths between the houses behind the Ship Inn, at least there are some steps which help if you don't have puschairs or wheel chairs.
There's a small parking area close to the beach though if you can get on and although there were double yellow lines when we visited (which was often because my sons lived with my ex in Aberporth at the time) we were never bothered by traffic wardens but things might have changed over the past ten years.
You could always use Aberporth beaches (there are 2 beaches in Aberporth and the furthest one toward the headland and missile base is the better of the two). The car park is bigger at Aberporth and buses run every hour or so between the small coastal towns and Cardigan.
Aberporth is only a mile or so from Tre-saith and there's a coastal footpath between the two with great views across Cardigan bay and a chance to look at seals and dolphins.

TRENDING THREADS