Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Why do I get the 'We value your Privacy' screen every time I login? I've been to the vendor list and selected 'Reject all' and that should be that...

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It appears to be a "feature" which has appeared following the acquisition of PC by Future Publications. I'm now getting it at least 3 times a day. It's starting to get annoying.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't receive, these privacy items, I have just tried logging out and back in, it doesn't matter how I have the setting. Some you win some you don't.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
Why do I get the 'We value your Privacy' screen every time I login? I've been to the vendor list and selected 'Reject all' and that should be that...

I agree it's all seems overkill, but it's probably been brought about by the GDPR. Similar messages seem to be increasingly appearing on many web sites.

As a general comment and not specifically about PC forum; Website operators are required to seek permission to record a wide range of information about you, and that might include your preferences, so if you refuse your permission for a site to record anything, each time you visit the site, it's like it's your first time, and the site needs to warn you and ask you again about your preferences.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Prof. What I don't like is that as Grey 13 did, we are being coerced by this repetition into accepting everything, which is not in the spirit of what GDPR is attempting to achieve by giving customers clear choices that have to be adhered to...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Again I would agree, the way that some sites set out your choices, it is far easier to select all ( which is of course what most sites really want)

I raised a point not long ago about the way some sites auto fill the "yes" options rather than the default being "no" I was under the impression that users should be required to make a positive choice to opt in, but others tell me that is not the case.

What I would say is that if you are unhappy with the way this forum is administered you should direct your comments direct to Future Publishing who own teh site. I know our Mods are wonderful and can do almost anything, but changing the design of the forum is beyond even them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts