Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gill,

We spent 7 days there in July. It is a great site with lots to do espically for the kids. The facilities are really good and the staff are very helpful. If possible try to get a pitch with some shade as we only booked late and the we were unable to get a shady pitch, the temperature was around the 39 so we could have done with some shade. If you need any more info just let me know.

Patrick

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Patrick

thanks for you reply, we have booked direct with site and belive we have a lakeside pitch which I assume has no shade.

Can you also tell me which ferry route you took and how long was the drive after getting off the ferry.

Do they run trips to disneyland paris?

sorry for so many questions but this is the first time we have ventured abroad with the caravan so a touch nervous at the moment.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its a h*ll of a way from Parc de Alicourt to Disneyland, so a day trip would be out of the question I'd have thought. 206 Km according to ViaMichelin that's 128 miles each way, and that route takes you through the edge of Paris! Why not take your van to Disneyland itself where I believe there are plentiful sites.

www.viamichelin.com

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gill

You have made a good choice with the lakeside pitch any that i seen had some shade. We used the Dover /Dunkirk route we then used the A1 for Paris, it onlycost euro 21 for that journey. We then followed the A86 around Paris and joined the A10-A71-E9 signed Orleans-Chateauroux-Bourge.The journey took us just over 6 hours. The toll for the second part of the journey was 19euro.

From the site it would be a long way for you to travel to Eurodisney it would be better if you stayed at maybe a site nearer to Paris. A good choice would be www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com They even have a bus which does day trips to eurodisney and Par Asterix.

If you need any other directions to the site let me know. By the way that site i mentioned is only 3 hours from Calais and is not to far off the road . it could be used to break up your journey.

Aug 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gill

You have made a good choice with the lakeside pitch any that i seen had some shade. We used the Dover /Dunkirk route we then used the A1 for Paris, it onlycost euro 21 for that journey. We then followed the A86 around Paris and joined the A10-A71-E9 signed Orleans-Chateauroux-Bourge.The journey took us just over 6 hours. The toll for the second part of the journey was 19euro.

From the site it would be a long way for you to travel to Eurodisney it would be better if you stayed at maybe a site nearer to Paris. A good choice would be www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com They even have a bus which does day trips to eurodisney and Par Asterix.

If you need any other directions to the site let me know. By the way that site i mentioned is only 3 hours from Calais and is not to far off the road . it could be used to break up your journey.
Hi Patrick,

We are going to les bois de bardelet in Gien also going from Dover to Dunkerque in August, Could you please tell me if you recommend leaving the A1 at Senlis and joining the A104 to join the A6 AT Evry, or just staying on the A1.I had heard on a different forum this is a good way to avoid the A1 by C.D.G airport and may take some of the stress off. Any advice would be appreciated as you have done this route yourself

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whatever you do don't go THROUGH Paris - its h*ll. I have read recently that you can no longer take a van round the Peripherique, but can't vouch for that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whatever you do don't go THROUGH Paris - its h*ll. I have read recently that you can no longer take a van round the Peripherique, but can't vouch for that.
i think you can stil use the Peripherique Gordon i was on it a fortnight ago and there were loads of vans on it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts