longleat cc site

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

What don't you like about it? We were there last week for 4 nights and we all enjoyed it. (We were lucky with the weather which makes a difference - we're down in Looe at the moment and its pouring down!!! Grrr!) The only downside to Longleat we thought was the amount of trees blocking the sun. Unfortunatley we were unlucky enough to get a pitch which didn't get any sun all day because of them!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi chrissie, we should have been there for 2 weeks. it was okay at first but as it got busier there was a gang of 20 kids running accross pitches between cars and vans screaming and making so much noise all day. please dont think im a moaner ive 2 kids of my own one also being noisy but i know where mine are at all times and i do my best to keep mine as quiet as possible but from 8am till 9.30 pm every day for days on end it gets you down. the wardens were no help the gang were bulling a kid and the parent told the warden and they told the parent to go and see the other parent, the washers were rubbish, i had no phone or internet reception and apart from longleat there was nothing else in the area to do really.

maybe i am a moaner but ill never go back to longleat.

i went from hillhead to longleat and hillhead is a busy site with a pool, take away, shop, club etc and it was so quiet compared to longleat. i love hillhead but i would go back to longleat if you paid me im afraid. its a weekend site really and thats it.

jo

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi chrissie, we should have been there for 2 weeks. it was okay at first but as it got busier there was a gang of 20 kids running accross pitches between cars and vans screaming and making so much noise all day. please dont think im a moaner ive 2 kids of my own one also being noisy but i know where mine are at all times and i do my best to keep mine as quiet as possible but from 8am till 9.30 pm every day for days on end it gets you down. the wardens were no help the gang were bulling a kid and the parent told the warden and they told the parent to go and see the other parent, the washers were rubbish, i had no phone or internet reception and apart from longleat there was nothing else in the area to do really.

maybe i am a moaner but ill never go back to longleat.

i went from hillhead to longleat and hillhead is a busy site with a pool, take away, shop, club etc and it was so quiet compared to longleat. i love hillhead but i would go back to longleat if you paid me im afraid. its a weekend site really and thats it.

jo
i meant i wouldnt go back to longleat ever again im afraid

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne,

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay at Longleat. I think I posted earlier to a request for information on this site from you. We've been twice and enjoyed both visits but then we didn't have to contend with the gang of kids running amok. Disappointing that the site warden did not take any action when this behaviour was reported. Have you considered writing a formal complaint to the C.C.?

Both times we've been were for breaks of just under a week, don't think I would like to be there for two weeks. I did think there was a lot to do in the area. We visited the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton. The city of Bath with all its Roman features is close by, Wookey Hole and the Cheddar Gorge are also within reach.

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
You aren't a moaner - I agree noisy and bullying kids can be a pain on any site - we take grandchildren and, like you, we know where they are and what they are up to. When we were there many were running amok - although none were too near us they would have annoyed us if they had been nearer. I agree the washers were rubbish - lousy spin speed, and no notice up saying how long the cycle took etc. Didn't use the drier so can't comment on that. I would go back again, but only for about 4 days which we found to be just right. We hadn't planned on doing many trips away from site so don't really know what there is round about. Phone reception was ok up by the gate, and internet connection - well, we ended up going down to the local Asda carpark to get a signal!

Looe site is great - swimming pool, tennis court, mini golf, but the site does need upgrading somewhat. Because the pitches aren't hardstanding they get rather muddy with lots of wormcasts coming through the awning carpet (ugh). The shower/toilet block could do with being like the ones at Longleat, which I thought were very good. Might give Hillhead a whirl next year - it sounds ideal for kids. BUT is the bar/club a noisy one? Not keen on going on sites where there are clubs because of the noise etc., which can be just as annoying as the unruly kids!

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
jo-anne , sounds like the gangs of kids were a problem not the site, we stayed there oct/nov 2008 very nice site , pat butcher look alike the site warden not very nice or helpful go back soon gangs of kids will be gone but nice site will still be there...c&p

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

Sorry you didn't enjoy Longleat!! Your not a moaner, kids running wild are a pain., never feel that you have to put up with it, we were pn a site lastb week with our grandchildren and like you kneew where they were, but couple of kids in van next caravan continually played football or cricket in between the vans and the father looked most supprised when I asked them to move away from our van as they has hit it a couple of times... The comment I got from the father was that the ball would hit his new car... My reply so its OK to hit a brand new caravan not owned by themselves...few choose words were exchanged and basically ended with me say not 50 years away was a play area for the children to play in, if they continued to hit my van I would start playing cricket myself by his car and I can't play cricket at the best of times no bat control!!! That did the trick.... I'm only 5'2" he was over 8

6'........I'm usually a very quite person but just saw red as i'm fed up of people takung the mickey!. I live a couple of miles away from Longleat, could have given you the low down on local attractions., you could also have popped in for a coffee?

Di

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks all for your support. im back home now but away again in a couple of weeks for a weekend.

chrissie hillhead is a fab site. no unruly kids hanging around or screaming pool and paddling pool are fab, food is great and reasonable. didnt get chance to do evening entertainment but you only hear noise from that is your pitch near and have your tv on really low. im going again next year in the summer hols for 21 nights wish let would let me stay longer x

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We went to Longleat the second week in July so it was busy but not heaving. We didn't like it that much either. Our awning is quite deep so we chose a corner site just behind reception which had a large grassy piece next to the hardstanding which didn't give access to anything. By the time the car was on the pitch , the caravan lined up exactly with the peg, as prescribed, our awning overlapped onto the grass by 1". Yes 1". The warden told us we had to remove it off the grass for grass cutting. Seemed a bit padantic considering the amount it was overlapping by and they didn't cut the grass during the four days we were there. Not that impressed.

I have to disagree with things to see in the area. Like an other posting I think there are lots of things to see and do and I would like to go back to the area for that reason.

TRENDING THREADS